News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

wagon body bolt mount order

Started by 1930artdeco, 2022-08-27 11:00

Previous topic - Next topic

1930artdeco

Ok, it is body bolt time! Canb someone please tell me if I have the order correct for A and B. And what does the 'domed' hockey puck go to and where does it go?

Thanks,

Mike
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

cos

Hello  May I ask where you got body to frame mounts from?  Bill Oregon

djfordmanjack

Mike, I don't recall the domed vinyl piece, is it just a single piece ? maybe it is thought to go as a replacement piece for the front radiator mount leaf spring?

The square rubber piece is for the front ( cowl ) body mounts.

There also need to be some rectangular shaped rubber pads for the rear crossmember, which they are mostly not included in the kits I have seen.
There is also kind of squarish foam pads ( thin , like 1/8 or 3/16th) that need to go between the cowl and the front inner fenders as an anti squeak.

KYBlueOval

Quote from: cos on 2022-09-05 09:18Hello  May I ask where you got body to frame mounts from?  Bill Oregon
Don't know where Mike bought his mounts, but I bought mine from Concours Parts and Accessories. They have both Kits and individual pieces, and they have a 10% off sale on through Sept 9th.
John

RICH MUISE

And I'm kinda curious why he didn't apparently get instructions/diagrams that would have answered his questions. I seem to remember mine had pretty clear instructions.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

Mike, I am sorry, I was wrong. was just writing from the top of my head, my bad !

I checked my own car. your assembly pic A is correct with the nut coming from above, and screwing into the caged nut washer, which is below the frame.

Your pic B is completely correct as on my untouched CS. shoulder bolt coming from below with round washer, square washer on top of body mount.

I believe the domed vinyl could be a replacement for this piece ( front radiator support frame), whcih actually carries the hole frontend, fenders and hood.

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2022-09-06 02:50Mike, I don't recall the domed vinyl piece, is it just a single piece ? maybe it is thought to go as a replacment piece for the front radiator mount leaf spring?

edit WRONG info:
With your drawing B, you probably have the correct understanding of the final assembly, but you put the nut on top of the frame, obviously the zinc nut screws in the upper threaded washer, but in doing so, the nut is mounted from BELOW the frame and through the lower washer. actually these can be already assembled on the frame and then the long body bolts with hex washers are inserted from above the floors and bolted down in the rubber mount assemblies ( already fitted to the frame brackets).

The square rubber piece is for the front ( cowl ) body mounts.

There also need to be some rectangular shaped rubber pads for the rear crossmember, which they are mostly not included in the kits I have seen.
There is also kind of squarish foam pads ( thin , like 1/8 or 3/16th) that need to go between the cowl and the front inner fenders as an anti squeak.

1930artdeco

Hi All,

I got the kit from Concourse, I just wanted to verify that I was looking at their instructions correctly because they are not written/drawn out very well. Also, there is no indication as to what the little domed pieces go to or where they go.

Thank you all for the help. I will start replacing hopefully next week. I think I have the domed rubber pucks on the bottom of the front cowl bolt. Or it was deformed into that shape. The kit came with 14 of them so I figured they went somewhere. As far as the radiator support goes mine just has thick round rubber washers.

Mike
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan