News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Engine Mounts

Started by Meteorman, 2023-02-26 17:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Norwell

In both my 57's (FE powered).I just used 58 332/352 dual stud mounts... 
No problems 
On my 4 speed applications... both cars..I used the Stock Cross Member and made the same adaptations as Rory has stated.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Meteorman

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2023-02-26 23:38Just thought...do you also need measurements from cross member up to the mounts? For those I will need to use the Courier so that there is enough room for me to maneuver around.

OK almost got the mounts ready to tack weld in. A Measurement from the back edge of the front xmember to the Hole centre on the mount would be great. Either hole would be OK

mustang6984

Will do. I'll get it for you Friday. No problem.  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

mustang6984

Hope this is what you were looking for...if not...I'll shoot something else if needed. also included a couple of pics from one of my Couriers that still has mounts in it from when the 352 was in it 50+ years ago.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Meteorman

Thank You that makes it easier

mustang6984

Glad to help...if you need anything else feel free to ask.  :006:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Meteorman

Ok Got the Mount Brackets made and welded on as Pics you supplied.( mustang 6984).  I sat the engine 302 from 89 Crown Vic in to see how it all lined up with the Crown Vic mounts on. I have a problem which i dont know about. The Mounts are on the wrong angle and dont sit flat on the Frame mounts. The engine mounts are on to big of an angle. Is this where i should be using Different engine mounts from a Fox Body Mustang or something that have the correct angle.  They are single Bolt mounts and lined up with the hole

mustang6984

UGH! I don't know. I have only used FE engines in my cars. BUT...if someone has an answer, and you need different angle pics or something else along that line I can shoot them. The engine compartment on my white 57 Courier is very accessible these days, so I can get in to it and shoot from any angle needed.
Let me know.  Hugh
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

59meteor

I never tried this, so I can not confirm, but I was told when I parted out a 1990 Lincoln Mk.7 LSC, that the factory motor mounts from that car (which was a 5.0 HO engine), would be a perfect fit for my 59, which used a single hole for the motor mount stud. IF that is true, you would likely need to drill a slot into each frame pad, between the 2 existing slotted holes. Or perhaps, cut a slot between the 2 existing holes, to make one really long slot. But if you did that, I would at the very least, use a large flat washer on the lower stud, to help spread the stress over a larger area.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

RICH MUISE

I'll add something that may or may not be relevant. You mentioned Mustang mounts. When I installed my '95 Lincoln 4.6, I used early 0's Mustang 4.6 mounts. The angle perfectly matched up with the '57 OEM mounting plates. Just had to add a slot to accept the new stud location.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

terry_208

I used 64 galaxie 289 mounts on my 302 install.  I installed a piece of 3/8 plate between the mount and the engine.  I wanted a little extra space so also added another spacer between the motor mount and it's pad.
Terry