News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Bumpers needed for 57 Ford 300

Started by JohnnyT, 2023-04-02 14:22

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

Quote from: JohnnyT on 2023-04-02 14:22Working on restoring a 1957 Ford 300 and am needing front and rear bumpers and brackets. Does anyone have any ideas on where I could locate these? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you are still looking, I have at least one or possibly two front bumpers for a '57 Custom. No rear bumpers for a Custom. I also have the bumper guards and the brackets, for the front bumper. What I have are cores. They will need to be re-chromed.
I live in Louisville KY. I can send photos. Call if interested.
5 Zero Too 7 seven 3 zero 5 nine too
John

terry_208

Quote from: terry_208 on 2023-04-03 11:18Had I realized the Portland (OR) swap meet was this past weekend, I may have gone just to look for bumpers. The potential savings could have paid for the trip.  Ogden Chrome quoted me $855 for the rear and $945 for the front.  I fully expect the final cost to get them back to be about $2600 and will be 3-4 months.

The written estimate came in at $2746.63 and can go up from that.  This does include the paint dividers. 

Are there any swap meets going on?  If so where and when?
Terry

RICH MUISE

Pate swap meet at the Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth. swap meet starts 4/27. I calculated one time that if you walked each side of each row, there were about 16 miles! Not sure how accurate that is, but it's big. Hell, I can't hardly walk to the gate from the outer parking lot anymore.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

KYBlueOval

Rich, I believe your math is spot on.Been there many times and the last time my buddy had an app that tracked the number of steps he took. We bailed at 7 miles and there was a lot that we did not see.Not sure if I'll make it this year.
John

57chero

terry208, the Monroe swap meet is May 21st and 22nd in Monroe Washington it's pretty big and I'm sure there will be some of the bumper replating guys there. A couple of them said they go to the Goodguys in Puyallup Wa. in July.

JohnnyT

Does anyone know of any swap meets east of the Mississippi?

wv 57s forever

do you need any other parts?

terry_208

Quote from: 57chero on 2023-04-05 10:36terry208, the Monroe swap meet is May 21st and 22nd in Monroe Washington it's pretty big and I'm sure there will be some of the bumper replating guys there. A couple of them said they go to the Goodguys in Puyallup Wa. in July.
Thanks.  Earlier today, I told Ogden Chrome to go forward with the process.  I don't expect to get them back until late June or perhaps July.  Now to find someone to straighten and polish my stainless.
Terry