News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

302 radiator hoses????

Started by lukey, 2012-10-02 19:27

Previous topic - Next topic

lukey

I'm swapping an 84 302/aod into my 58 custom 300. I used the 84 mustang mounts which dropped right into the stock frame mounts. The aod mount fit into the stock crossmember with no mods. I'm wondering what radiator hoses you guys are using. I changed the timing cover to a 72 setup with early pulleys, it is pass side top hose and driver side bottom. Help!

Ford Blue blood

I measure the diameter of the 4 flanges, use a long piece of welding rod bent to the shape of the hose (always the upper side of the hose) and head off to the parts store.  Never been refused a look at the stock hanging on the wall.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Frankenstein57

I had a flex hose on my lower with the spring inside, when I took it off to paint the engine I found the spring badly corroded. I took that to autozone and found a molded one on the shelf, worked good just trimmed a little off one end. They will work with you.  Mark

57chero

I learned years ago when I find something that works to write down the part number for future reference . I'm running a 351W in my ranchero with a original style radiator which should be the same as your 302. The brand of hoses I used is Gates , the upper hose is #20686 the lower hose is #20276 they have the right contour but I may have shortened them to fit its been a while ago. 

lukey

Great, thanks guys! Can't wait to get on the road again!