News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

High priced son of a...

Started by 6cyl57, 2017-03-02 15:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

The OHOH society is what I call the self appointed experts that go around to car cruises and car shows and walk around nice cars looking for something to complain about.  They usually stop and point at whatever it is that they don't like and holler out nice and loud OHOH look at this ,while calling as many people over to see it.  Most times they say.   "Whose car is this?  Does he know that there is a run in the paint under the rocker panel?"
     I'm just trying to be polite.   Some people have other names for those experts.  Usually they don't even have an old car of their own and have no idea how much time that we put into our cars. .. 

Jeff Norwell

Ha ha .. yea Jay...your being extremely polite.....
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

hiball3985

I totally agree Jay, and I have a list of better names  :003: It's one of the reasons I don't go to car shows. The other reason is my car is happier burning up hiway on the weekend then sitting in a parking lot looking trying to look pretty..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

Agreed, I do go to cruise-ins and auctions just to see where I stand with respect fit, finish, and detailing.  My comments are kept to my self as they are strictly opinions and we all know what they are like!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Jay.......JMHO,but that's exactly the attitude of 1/2 the NE population and why I moved away 50 years ago. LOL...about the only time I ran into it in California or Colorado (each 20ish years) or Texas was from a NE or NY transplant. Of course, none of that 1/2 population I mentioned are anybody I know or am related to.
The worst I've gotten so far at a car show was a fella asking why in the world I would put Hankook tires on an American made car. My reply was...where are Goodyear, Firestone, Michelin, made nowadays?? He just replied back "Good point" and walked away. Funny, I have no idea where the brands I mentioned are made, but I'm guessing he didn't either 'cause it sure shut him up quick.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

The 2016 F150 I just got has Hankook tires on it!  Guess I should throw them away?
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Jeff Norwell

I got them on the front of my 57! hahahaha

I watched an older gentleman at a show kick an mouthy individual right in the hiney as he was on his hands and knees making disparaging remarks about the mans car(looking underneath it)... it was classic and awesome.....

hiball3985

I had to put on some far east tires when I first got the car on the road, no American company was making 14". Then last October B F Goodrich made a run of 14" Radial T/A's so I grabbed a set. I did the swap just because of the bad reviews on the other tires..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

6cyl57

I'm not a fan of doing car shows either, rather be out driving them. Don't need them telling me where the flaws are.
like most of you ,I had a hard time finding 14" black wall tires. I found some at a Wall-Mart.
I have been looking around on the web about Clifford and others on parts for the I6. I think I will keep it a six cyl.
Kind of something a little different. Looks like there is a better distributor for these now also.
  thanks .

Jeff Norwell

Awesome!..... if you ever really want to stick with 6 pistons of power. keep your eye out for a 300 c.i Ford ....Awesome power plant with a ton of potential.....