News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

electrical

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2012-04-17 20:24

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

i may be posting this in the wrong spot,  & if so i'm sure i'll be told.    can someone explain to me,  i'm using a resister,  dropping 12v down to 6v's,  i checked it out and i still get 12v  where the 6vs is supposed to be,  since i'm no electrition,  and not a very good speller either,  whats going on?    thanks for any help,    jerry

JimNolan

Jerry,
   You won't see any voltage drop until you put a load on the circuit. Then 6V will be dropped across the load and 6V witll be dropped across the resistor. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Zapato

Wow! I never knew that and had never checked to see if that was the voltage being received. Really good to know. Thanks!

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

geraldchainsaw

thanks Jim,        i got a  relay in the mail,    not nos or close to a old relay,  sent it back,    cost 130,    called a old 49-50-51 c;ub,   they have what i'm looking for, so they say,   guess i'll have to wait and c,  what a pain in the butt,    again thanks for the info on the resistor,   jerry