News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Fairlane in Cuba today

Started by lalessi1, 2015-07-23 16:17

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

A friend posted a picture of a relative's childhood home while in Cuba last week.....
Lynn

Limey57

I watched a programme about Cuba not so long ago and a lot of the cars are running 4-pot motors (and suspension in some cases) taken from Russian and far-Eastern cars.  The ingenuity of some of the guys was admirable, the quality of some of the upgrades was questionable!!!!  It does make me wonder if they will now start to disappear from the roads now the US restrictions are being lifted.  Somehow the streets won't look the same filled with modern rubbish..........
Gary

1957 Ranchero

Ecode70D

Quote from: Limey57 on 2015-07-24 02:10
I watched a programme about Cuba not so long ago and a lot of the cars are running 4-pot motors (and suspension in some cases) taken from Russian and far-Eastern cars.  The ingenuity of some of the guys was admirable, the quality of some of the upgrades was questionable!!!!  It does make me wonder if they will now start to disappear from the roads now the US restrictions are being lifted.  Somehow the streets won't look the same filled with modern rubbish..........

I know what you are saying.

SkylinerRon

With salaries around $20/mo i don't see many buying new cars.
cuba's only industries were tourism and sugar cane until 1959 when
castro killed them, not too many russians could afford to vacation in havana......

Ron.

Zapato

And those cars won't come cheap, they're not just a car but a business and believe it or not 20K is about what it takes to buy one, most are financed by Miami relatives.

zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72