News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rocker Panel Replacement...And Beyond

Started by petew, 2013-08-07 11:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Jeff Norwell

petew, you are on a mission,Just wonderful work!.I am not sure if you have mentioned this what tires are you using?Stock factory applications?
Your work is inspirational.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

petew

Thanks guys..
The tires currently on the car are 7.50x 14's on stock station wagon rims. I also have a set of 15" American Racing Torque Thrust D's and radials.

petew

Wired the dash last evening and decided to test the panel lights. They lit and there were no fires so I guess we are on the right track. Did find that my repro harness is not a match for the courtesy light harness so I will rehab the original pieces and reuse them.
Interesting how the wagons differ in small details .

Jerry Box

What happened you're not working on your car. I need my daily fix

petew

Here you go Jerry, got the dash in and all of the steering gear . Also started running the wiring around. It's starting to look like a car again.

Jerry Box

you really do some nice work
Thank you for the pictures

petew

Not a lot to report today Jerry, been working on clutch parts and clutch linkage . Greasy nasty business but it needs to be done. But I did manage to put a little trim on....

Jerry Box

petew

Been working away on the wagon and have the drive train all in. Inner fenders radiator support and radiator have been installed as well.

Jerry Box

You have been very busy looks really good. I just got back from New Orleans went there for a week. Did you paint our powder coat your frame?

petew

Thanks Jerry, never been to New Orleans but would like to go there sometime .

The frame is painted with Eastwood chassis gloss black, the original formula. Just about everything on the car that is black is done with that paint.

Jerry Box

Thanks. I was going to take my frame all apart and get blasted but I wasn't sure if I wanted to powder coated or pain it and I think I want to pain it so I think I'm going to do what you did. Where are you at  I am in Sacramento ca.

petew

I'm in Mebane , North Carolina about 30 minutes outside of Raleigh . Stop by and check it out !

Ron

Pete--Nice car.  Nice garage!  I'm going to be tackling the same thing with my '57 Tudor Ranch Wagon and would like to know more about "black car" where you got your metal.  Can you give me their website or contact info?  Thanks, Ron...