News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Steering box

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2009-09-21 18:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

Has anyone looked at the F-100 (68 - 72) power box?  I am not in a position to do the check but it looks like it might do the job.......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

dgasman

Yes , The box is to long thru the pitman shaft and the pitman shaft spline is to large for the 57 pitman arm
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

cool57

Quote from: dgasman on 2009-09-22 16:52
Yes , The box is to long thru the pitman shaft and the pitman shaft spline is to large for the 57 pitman arm
Kent, speaking of the 605, I wonder if you could repost your 605 build that was posted on the old board?
Thanks,.......Sam

dgasman

Sam,
I don't think that I have the pics or text for it anymore. I haven't made one in a few years .Sorry
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

Ford Blue blood

Thanks dgasman, and the last one I have looked at that might do the job is the 65 - 66 Galaxie power box?  I'm looking at pictures and trying to figure bolt ins...suspect I am just covering old ground here....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

dgasman

Ford Blue Blood,
The closest factory ford PS box that can be made to bolt on is a 65 or 66 Tbird box. The problem with this is the pitman shaft splines . The Tbird shaft is 1 1/8 inch  and the 57 shaft is around 1 inch . You would have to have the Tbird shaft turned down and resplined or the 57 pitman arm re-broached for the larger spline. I still have my Tbird box in my Ranchwagon but I have a few other ideals for a PS box floating around in my head .
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

Frankenstein57

The 65, 66 galaxie box sticks way out from the frame, you need a box that the head of it, is up over the frame. I looked at the pickup truck box, but its just to massive. Weighs a ton. Mark