News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Fairlane trunk chrome emblem wanted

Started by djfordmanjack, 2020-05-26 14:05

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

Looking for a mint, NOS or very nice og Fairlane Trunk emblem chrome bezel. We already have the new plastic insert. shipping would be domestic within USA. thx Guenter

like this

oldave57

The attached link is for a new (repo) emblem from Macs Auto Parts.  A little pricey but is likely a very nice part.
Good Luck,
Dave

https://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_mercury_late/trunk-handle-v-ornament-chrome-ford-fairlane-500.html

djfordmanjack

Thank you Dave. I know that new repros are available.
I was hoping that somebody might have a near mint original?!
Guenter

SkylinerRon

Now that ecklers bought Macs their prices have gone way up.

Carpenters makes those emblems I'd check their price.

Ron.

lalessi1

Any time I have bought something from anybody that Carpenter makes it has come from them and was marked up.
Lynn

djfordmanjack

Yes it has been some months ago already but we finally ordered directly from DC. which I find a bit more difficult to use their webside and store but it worked out in our favor. Unfortunatley the first emblem arrived smashed in the damaged package, but DC were easy to deal with and sent a replacement asap. So, I will definitely consider using the DC store in future.

Ford Blue blood

Never had a problem with Carpenter on any returns.  Always up front and helpful in every way.  Most recently I ordered the wiper arms for the Ranchero.  Got them and found that the left arm package had a right arm in it.  The right arm package had the correct right arm.  Called them up and the tech I talked to understood, asked the correct questions about the arm, apologized for the packaging error and sent the correct arm.  I asked where to send the errant arm and he just said to keep it, not worth the trouble.

I often complain about many of his products being made in China and the "standard shipping" but have never been dissatisfied with the service!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

abe_lugo

you may want to try on ebay, sees a lot show up, just have to find the cleaned one. I imagine an NOS would be pricey.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008