News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Five Years (+10) and counting

Started by gasman826, 2014-05-20 19:20

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Is that "Custom" insignia on the dash a shortened "Customline"? I've been looking for what you have for my dash.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

I think that was an eBay purchase.  A NOS, in-the-box emblem for a '68 Custom (cheap Galaxie).  It's all in the details!  I'm so glad you picked up on one of the details.  I spent some much time on some of those little details.   Originally, a Thunderbird emblem would have been in that place,

lalessi1

Gary I don't remember any mods on your upper a-arms... is that on the forum somewhere? If you would please pm me I would appreciate it.
Lynn

gasman826

I searched and found upper control arm modification discussion.  It starts at reply #4 in 'Door Locks Right and Left' discussion which quickly skated to control arm mods.

https://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=7579.msg64984#msg64984

This spring I modified the '57 Custom's upper control arms just like I did the Raunch Wagon.  I was bolder and removed a little more material...1/8" in the front and 3/8" in the rear which worked out well.

gasman826

I just checked and of course I found no pictures.  I have attached a picture to show my cut line...the bottom edge of the date code.

gasman826

The ole, annual first day of school picture.

hiball3985

Nice picture. I always hated the first day of school :005:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

CobraJoe

Which one is gasman826?

:laughing4:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

mustang6984

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2023-06-13 11:13Nice picture. I always hated the first day of school :005:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                              :icon_super:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

gasman826

The three of us took off on a week long cruise!

mustang6984

Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

gasman826

Coldwater (southwest Michigan) to Cheboygan (northeast Michigan) via old US-27.  It's kind of a mini Route 66.  Lots of little towns bypassed by the interstate highway.  Each of the little towns are making it a big event!

mustang6984

Ah...so this is an organized even then. Sounds fun! Send pics!  :icon_super:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

gasman826

Old US27 Dewitt Michigan

geraldchainsaw

gasman,  know the route well,  old us 27,  how did you like the ride from Gaylord  north,  Vanderbuilt, Wolverine, Indian River etc,  some nice scenery,    we just spent 2 weeks in Gaylord on the lake,  Otsego lake,  missed some good car shows,