News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Summer 2011- the project between here and there.

Started by Lono, 2010-09-01 17:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Lono

Quote from: Frankenstein57 on 2011-07-15 22:33
The interior is cool, love the Mexican blankets. I have a well stocked beer fridge, old school sansui stereo, some attractive women (posters,no naked ones) Is this so wrong?  Mark

Heck no... I'll bring the jerky and blue cheese, when we partying?  :002:
\\\"I refuse to buy another project....is that car for sale?\\\"

Lono

The Ribs installed today and fresh oil.
Tomorrow, hook up the tranny lines, fill and hook up and fill the rad.
The final projects; Brakes, wiring and exaust.

The front seat can wait until later when I do the carpets this fall.

Next week I'm checking out a rear bumper I got a lead on.. sounds functional.

57AGIN

Lono:

Very nice combination of colors on your interior mods.  The panels look kind of a reddish/orange, or is the color kind of like the torquoise I used to have on my 57.  The torquoise on my 57 in photos could look like anything from a mint green to almost a sky blue.  It all seemed to depend on the lighting, the clouds in the sky, to the camera lens and/or speed the picture was taken at.  I looked back on some of the previous pictures you've sent and the color seems to look more red.  Either way, your interior is sure looking great as it comes out on my computer screen.

Bob
57 AGIN

Lono

thanks much!
No, its red for sure; I should have set the white ballance on my camera because inside it makes it look Harley Orange.  :burnout:

Lono

New Master and wheel cylinders installed. The pads and drums have been done not many miles ago so now she can stop. It canst start yet, but stopping isnt a problem.  :burnout:

I've also been at the Chev ( I promise not to post any more about it). The brakes are done, wiring all working now and runs and drives. I need to do the carb yet, but thats a later project.. maybe replace it with a dual rochester set up. :002:

The Reapers Car Club is holding our second meet here on August 6/7. My goal is to have both of them running and moving on their own, even if they're not on the road quite yet.

I guess I'll attack the tranny lines and rad hoses today.

Lono

A special call out and thank you to a mystery "Larry" who got in in touch with a fellow with a bumper.

Tomorrow I'll load it up and send it off to a friend to wire it up... then home to do the brakes .

Rideau 500

Talked to Garry today, he said you were down and made a deal. Happy to have helped. Larry

Lono

Thanks again Larry, it's a happy thing to have the back end covered up.

Frankenstein57

Lono, I'm on vacation in Door County (north of Greenbay), what do I see sitting by the side of the road for sale, a 58 Chev 2-door wagon. What are the odds.  Mark

Lono

Quote from: Frankenstein57 on 2011-07-28 22:18
Lono, I'm on vacation in Door County (north of Greenbay), what do I see sitting by the side of the road for sale, a 58 Chev 2-door wagon. What are the odds.  Mark

did it call out to you.... call you by name?  :001:
did it come home with you?
I grew up in Bloomington Minn. so I did get to see lots of the blue cheese district.  :003:

Frankenstein57

No it didn't call out, just kind of winked as I went by. Not much of a chevy guy, but with all the Japan stuff on the road, clean old American iron of any make does it for me.  Mark

Lono

Just got back in from 3 days of putting in 2 inch lowering blocks and 2 inch lowering coils. Grabbed the camera and the batteries were dead.
Had to sit and drink a beer and oogle it for a while.  :003:

The electrical is done and without the mufflers it sounds like its ready for the drag strip.

Just love the new ride height... low, prowler like.. yup yup!

Picks tomorrow... happy camper here!

Carpet and front and she's a real car.

RICH MUISE

LOL...what's taking you so long??? Man you sure get stuff done. I think in the time you got all that done, I got some of the new stuff put in/on one door!  Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Lono

No time to sleep on the job Rich my clock is  ticking   :002: