News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Been working on the `57 this week, guys....

Started by JPotter57, 2008-05-08 22:32

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

I started stripping some of the 3 or 4 layers of paint from the Custom....This thing is pretty solid.  It has a bunch of bangs and bruises, but it is very solid for a 51 year old car.  I have the fenders down to bare metal now, and except for the lower section on the driver side, it is rust free.  There is a hole about 1 1/2 inches diameter.  I wont even have to buy the repair panel, just cut a small piece and weld it in.  There were 2 or three pretty significant dents in this fender as well, which both straightened out ok, but I will still have to heat and shrink a small section to get the right shape back in it.  I had planned on using glass fenders, but it will be a while before I can get up to Allans to get his, so I will be using these steelies for a while.  I am hoping to get this body stripped and in epoxy primer before long.  After that, I will jamb it out, and install the headliner and glass.  Following that, it will get its new wiring kit, followed by brake and fuel lines.  Next it wlll get its first 292, which will be a mild build with 2 small turbos.  The killer will be built over the winter...Keep watching the newsletter, the build is progressing.... :hurricane:
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.