News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

ford alum radiator insanity part 3

Started by bogey, 2008-05-19 00:36

Previous topic - Next topic

bogey

well boys and girls the fat lady has sung,put the screamer to the radiator and guess what ? yes my nagging mind was correct!!! my machine screamed like a high school cheerleader,exhaust gasses in the new alum radiator,not pushing water,no oil in the water,not losing water,buttttttt must be head gasket or cracked between the valves,going for the teardown next week.my neighbor has a 351c thats been machined and ready to assemble for 10yrs in his shop 500 bucks for complete motor says he,if i got a cracked head there are 2 fresh ones on the stand,if im goona do that thinking on the edlebrock or wieand water pump.if not those a new one anyway i never put an ole pump back on if i can help it.if i do the heads an water pump thinking on putting in a hotter cam,want more rump rump,anys suggestions on the cam without changing the rockers or dishing out the pistons just a hot cam u can hear an go ahhhhhhh sounds sweet,duration and lift wise,best choice ?? still love the car but if wishes were 185 degree temps on an ole ford that would be mine.not the end of the world or my pocket book just one more thing to fix,and ive got a lot to fix elsewhere so my best to you and looking forward to the suggestions on the new hydraulic cam suggestions thanks from bogey in downtown cowtown