News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Quick decisions

Started by JimNolan, 2011-02-26 07:29

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

John,
   I was talking to a friend of mine last night about this thread and how I was feeling depressed about speeding money foolishly. He wanted to know what I would have been doing this winter if I weren't out at the hanger working on that 63 Galaxie. I figured I'd have been sitting on the couch watching TV. In your case, ( R CODE 63), I'd look at that as an investment. You can tell people your affraid to drive it because it's so valuable, that's it, it's to valuable to drive.
   I'm going to quit bitchin about money now. Pretty soon we won't be able to afford gas for these things anyway. At least I'll have something to wax on to occupy my time. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

RICH MUISE

Talking about redoing stuff we've done but not happy with...I've decided to go ahead and weld up the unused holes and openings in my lower firewall even though it had been "finished", paint and all, up to the spot welded joint protrusion.
Next to the large heater opening,there are two 3/8 holes to the drivers side next to the top that opening. Could somebody please tell me what they are used for? I assume they were holes for the heater stuff. I'm not talking about the 3/4 holes to the left of the opening for the heater hoses.  thanks Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Hoosier Hurricane

Rich:

One of the holes you are talking about should line up with a lever on the heater box, so the control wire can be attached.  I think the other one is for the vacuum line to the water valve on the engine.

Jim, yes it is an investment.  When I got it it didn't have an engine, so I pieced one together from swapmeet parts.  So it isn't "numbers matching", which I know affects the value some.  It's a 427, but '66 block, '64 heads, steel crank, Lemans rods, wrong # carbs, toploader 4 speed instead of T10.  Probably not too different that what would have been done over the years as engine repairs became necessary and current (then) available parts were used.  I may as well leave my money parked in the garage instead of a bank until I find I need it.

John

RICH MUISE

Thanks for the info John.  Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe