News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Trunk lock assembly

Started by mike b, 2012-04-21 07:33

Previous topic - Next topic

mike b

Does anyone have a picture of the complete parts assembly of the trunk lock? I need one and I would like to know what makes up the complete assembly. Thanks.

mike b

That's a custom 70A lock assembly I'm talking about.

57tudor

Mike.

This should be what you are looking for.

Rick.
57 Tudor  :burnout:

JPotter57

Way to go Rick.  I was about to scan mine, then realized my scanner broke and I threw it out...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

mike b

Rick,thanks that's what I needed thanks !  I think I have everything located except 43226

mike b

Ok, I feel humbled to be asking this question because it seems so dumb...I am having trouble with the trunk lock..when in the locked position,the key remains in the lock and I can't remove it and the trunk lid is closed and locked with the key still in the lock.I have tried to reposition the loop on the cam end and still the same result. The tumbler only goes in one way,so how can I fix this.Has anyone had the same trouble?

Meteorman

Mike it sounds like the problem is in the locking barrel not in the actual latch .  Take out the locking barrel (the piece the key fits in) by removing the slide retainer from inside the trunk and see if it works o.k. in your hand, if it still dosent work try oiling the crap out of it with wd40 or something then get a blow gun and try to blow every thing out of it, they sometimes just fill up with dust etc or it could be just worn out, also try another key if you have one they also wear out and cause stupid problems. Harold

mike b

Harold, thanks I will try anything at this point. It's a dumb kind of problem to have that I can't seem to figure out. I will post my progress and maybe help someone else out having the same issue.

mike b

ok,I took the trunk lock assembly off, removed the cylinder and oiled the heck out of it and used the air hose. It moves free and smooth. I re installed it,and moved the cam end 180 degrees.It works like it should now..Yahoo ! It's the simple things in life that make you smile lol .  :003: