News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

accessories

Started by 62galxe, 2012-04-22 15:46

Previous topic - Next topic

62galxe

Im looking for ideas for mounting alternater,power steering and ac on a 390 that will fit the 57s engine compartment. Cocept One has a decent looking kit but its pricey. Factory FE brackets are tough to find. What have some of yall used.
Thanks,Kenny

gasman826

OEM brackets and pulleys are a pain no matter the make unless you get them all from one donor.

Ford Blue blood

I have a complete set up off a 63 Bird.  A three belt water pump pulley, three belt harmonic balancer/pulley, the pump and bracket (requires a remote resevor), the alternator bracket (two belt pulley requires) and the AC mount.  The power steering drives off the cranck pulley, the AC off the water pump pulley, the alternator has two belts that are driven off the crank and the water pump.  This is a stock set up minus the AC compressor, the remote resevor and the alternator.  $500.00  PM for pictures.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

JimNolan

What those guys said. Take it from experience. It's worth your time and effort to buy the complete outfit off one vehicle. Even if you have to search every junk yard from here to California ( well, maybe not that far ). What you'll find is that you may get the alternator bracket to work with the water pump pully but then the power steering unit and airconditioner pully don't line up to the crank pully. Buy everything off one vehicle. Jim PS Like Blue Blood has.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

JPotter57

All I needed was an alternator bracket, easy.  :)
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

shopratwoody

I think  there's shims or washers to align the brackets .
I hate blocksanding!

Ford Blue blood

Just a spacer that goes behind the power steering pump mount between it and the AC bracket.  There are other systems out there that use only two belts total to drive all that stuff, later pickups (mid 70s) with ps & ac only used two belts.  This is the 63 Bird system, was used in 62 as well, not sure about 64 but 65 is different.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

SkylinerRon

FE belt alignment changed in 1968.
Early FE blocks (pre 63?) weren't drilled for the alt bracket.
Ron.