News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Carlisle coming up

Started by JimNolan, 2012-05-18 09:30

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

I hope to see some of you guys at Carlisle in a couple of weeks. I originally registered the 63 Galaxie this year. I called Carlisle this morning and had it changed to the 57. You can't beat that car when it comes to comfort and looks. I put 1400 miles on the 63 last weekend and really enjoyed driving it. It's just not as comfortable on a trip as the 57 and it's more expense for gasoline. If any of you make it please drop by the 57-59 Ford section, I enjoy talking cars. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Slimjim652

Look forward to meeting you Jim.  I will stop by.
Jim

kens65fb

Glad you are going to Carlisle again this year.
I had an enjoyable conversation with you last year at that event, and look forward to seeing you again.
Ken

JimNolan

SlimJim,
   I'll be out in the showfield again. But, I like it out there. You can set up a canopy and watch the world pass. You're there to answer questions and we usually take our poodle for one of the days. Besides that, I ain't important enough to be inside. From what I saw those cars inside made it there on a trailer anyway. They usually have the nicer cars inside.  Jim
Ken, make sure you stop by. Everyone stop by. I'll take an extra chair.

Lou

I'm not making it to Carlise this year, maybe next year, but that will be my last trip there, it's become too much of a late model Mustang show. I'm going to West Springfield, MA that weekend for the big antique truck show, it looks like it's going to be a big national truck meet, and I love old trucks.
http://thebige.ntelligentsystems.com/ns/calendar/ViewEvent.asp?EventId=6

JPotter57

1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

JimNolan

Met a couple guys at a car show today that are going to Carlisle. One is Bob O'Hara that has an 850 hp Cobra Mustang. It'll be his first time at Carlisle. I told him he would enjoy himself. Dread the drive but I always enjoy myself when I get there. Jim  PS  James, what did you say.

Jerrys Kars

I'll be there in my usual vendor spot R-20 & R-21. Hope to have a 66 T-Bird for sale and a few 57 parts. Have several 292 engines but don't think I'll drag them there this year. Will have plenty of drinks and a couple of extra chairs. Stop by for a refreshment and rest. Maybe I can get around to visit the other y-guys this year.
Jerry

JPotter57

1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.