News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Just saw this 300 for sale...

Started by robhaerr, 2012-05-24 09:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerrys Kars

Rich, you're not an official 57 y-guy unless you've seen Thunder Road at least 10 times.
Jerry

Zapato

Not sure if I've ever seen it beginning to end, have seen that final chase scene and crash more times than I can count.

Zap- :unitedstates:

Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

F570RD

Rich and Zap......go to the back of the class... :003:

gasman826

I have the DVD.  Whenever I can't work or the snow is butt deep, I get out Ford's Racing Days videos or McQueen, or Newman car movies.

Zapato

Quote from: F570RD on 2012-05-25 10:17
Rich and Zap......go to the back of the class... :003:
[/quote

I will correct that discrepancy this weekend.]
Zapato

wildhog

Rich, You are banned from the site untill you watch Thunder Road!!!! Notice the front license plate when the 57 first drives into town. Let James know and you can be reinstated. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

JimNolan

I've got the movie, watch it every now and then. I was learning to drive on a 1957 Ford Fairlane when the movie was at the theaters. Probably saw it 20 times. Gets more hoky every time you watch it. But, I watch it. I love seeing the 57 roar down the road and they show the dash panel of a 51 to show the speed it's going. Love it when a Fairlane 500 is beside of him and when it goes over the clift it turns into just a Fairlane. What many people don't know is that Robert Michum was infatuated with the whiskey runners, used actual tankers in the movie and this whole idea for the movie was his. I know for a 11 year old kid, that was the greatest movie ever made. I knew and know every word to the song. I'll sing it for you.---------- How's that? Jim  PS  Rich, it's disapointing that you have not seen the movie. I even have ThunderRoad in chrome letters on my bumpers.  
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Zapato

Quote from: wildhog on 2012-05-25 19:16
Rich, You are banned from the site untill you watch Thunder Road!!!! Notice the front license plate when the 57 first drives into town. Let James know and you can be reinstated. Tom

BRUTAL !
Zapato

Jerrys Kars

Had my 57 Custom at the Mountain Moonshine Festival in Dawsonville, Ga. a couple of years ago. The theme of that show was Thunder Road. They had the movie running continually at the museum and talks from the local ex-moonshiners about how things really were. They stated that in the day there were no tankers, that was just a movie thing. They hauled with jugs only. The thing that made the movie a success even today was that it was a movie about a way of life that is still celebrated. Jim Mitchum  Robert's son was the Grand Marshall or whatever his was called of the show. Went on a run around north Ga on some of the roads that were used in the movie. Also was stated that Robert wanted to use Elvis as staring role but was too expensive so he stared himself.

RICH MUISE

Quote from: wildhog on 2012-05-25 19:16
I got it...came in the mail today.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

Well, some of you guys must have some really really long winters. That was one really bad movie. I did enjoy the multitude of '57's in it, but they could have at least thrown in a few good looking women to spice it up a little. I couldn't read a license plate number anywhere...but the young girl who was infatuated with Luke gave his license number over the phone....forget what it was, and not rewatching to find out..LOL
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Zapato

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2012-05-31 19:39
That was one really bad movie. I did enjoy the multitude of '57's in it,

What the hell Rich you didn't find Ma attractive ?  Definitely simpler expectations in movies back then, personally found it a major YAWNER. Won't torture myself again.

Next thing someone will remember "Perry Mason" and remember that they only all drove Fords and we'll be searching for specific episodes. On the street it was perfect in Perry's world it was all blue oval. 
Zapato

F570RD

Let us not forget M Squad.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0sq_VJ2LQs    and the start of the show..  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGCh1XGTQTA&feature=related

Zapato

Had never heard of M Squad, Have to say even with no chase scenes it was better than "T-road".  Sad to see that pair get wrecked. Would love to have the Mercury wagon from the gas station scene in my driveway.

Zapato