News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

car colors

Started by 62galxe, 2012-05-25 07:45

Previous topic - Next topic

62galxe

Im trying to decide whether to go back with willow green and white on my wagon or change it. Whats yalls opinion. Dont see many that color. Heres a example i swiped from another post.
http://www.autotraderclassics.com/classic-car/1957-Ford-Station+Wagon+Series-394823.xhtml?conversationId=220938

rmk57

I personally like the stock paint colours, most of them anyway. I guess it's a matter of what type of restoration your doing, original or rodded, etc. I like the willow green you don't see it to often.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

JPotter57

My Custom was that awful Doeskin and WHite, looked like pink and white to me, terrible.  I do love the factory two tone colors though, probably going back with Flame Red and Colonial white on mine, if not that then solid Flame Rd.  The Green and white looks classy, especially on a wagon.  That wagon I just sold was Mocha Brown and White with the brownish color interior, those colors look good.  If your wagon was willow green and white, I'd leave it that way, jmo.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Jerrys Kars

I'm a fan of the stock colors. A nice willow green and white Ranchero was sold at Mecum in Indy last week. Padded dash and darker green dash exactly like my old F-Code Cumberland/White back in the 60s. Now that was a trip down Memory Lane.

Zapato

That green and white combination has a classy timeless look, unfortunately to me it says mom's car. But then its not what speaks to me that counts. It really its one of Fords' best understated combinations. Go for it.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Lou

Green or green and white 57s look good but are hard to sell, I'm speaking as an appraiser and from experience.

Frankenstein57

If you are staying with the stock look, It will look fine. If you plan to make it your own, maybe time to experiment.  Mark