News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

rad shroud

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2007-10-27 13:55

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

does any one know ,  did the 57's have a rad shroud?

geraldchainsaw

dosen't any one know?

smurfee

HI, my 6 cyl. 223 did not have one but I understand that the T-BIRD did with its 312 V-8, SMURFEE :icon_bigsmurf:
NEVER LOOK BACK

shopratwoody

I've had a few in the last 40 yrs, I don't think any had shrouds. I don't run one now either
later, Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!

cool57

No factory shrouds, but they are available for our cars. Thunderbirds Southwest, probably Carpenter, Concours and others.

geraldchainsaw

thanks for all the replys,     what i'm trying to do is eliminate all the junk the guy had on this car before i got it,   if it over heats then it will go back on,  thanks again

geraldchainsaw

took the shroud off,   went for a spin around the block, (30 miles worth),   couldn't get the needle on the temp gage to the middle of the gage,  took off the rad cap and all i got was a poff,   so i guess it didn't need the shroud either,    if i keep taking things off i'll have to get the reg changed  weight wise.

JimNolan

Gentleman,
     Be careful with fan shrouds. I bought one designed for the Thunderbird, it was heavy plastic. I ran it for two years without a problem.
This year at the Gulfport Cruise I sat in traffic for a long period of time. The car didn't overheat because I had a electric fan to help the stock fan. But, I heard a noise under the hood and I thought I'd lost a water pump. Turned out the top of the shroud had melted and came down on the fan. It did this without overheating the engine. Needless to say, I won't be buying another one. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.