News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

race/shootout

Started by wv 57s forever, 2013-08-25 16:25

Previous topic - Next topic

wv 57s forever

Looks like ,weather permiting there will be a shoot out this coming weekend at columbus.  I know of three,  Jim Nolan, Larry Nichoson, and myself. Are there more that are coming.

:burnout:

GaryI72

Have a safe and fun time.  I'll be at the pig iron derby in NE Ohio. Real Horsepower! :-)
Post up some pics when you guys get back.  I think the weather will be in your favor.

wildhog

I will be there ,but  y powered this year. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

JimNolan

Tom or anyone,
     Which bracket would you be in if you just wanted to run the 57 Ford bracket. The Y Block bracket is B5 and the Nostalgia bracket is B4. Where would we fit in. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Hoosier Hurricane

Jim:

In past years, bracket 3 has had the cheapest entry fee.  You can opt for that at the gate, run the '57 bracket, and skip the bracket 3 eliminations if you so desire.  You can ask at the gate if there is a separate class for Y block, and enter that if it is cheaper.  Obviously we won't let you run with the Ys with your car, but you can get through the gate claiming to be Y powered.

John

JPotter57

How are you feeling John?  Hope all is going well with the port and polish on the ol' ticker system...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Hoosier Hurricane

James:

Thanks for asking.  I'm feeling fine, better than before the surgery.  Been doing the rehab exercises at the hospital rehab center.  Finished the doctor prescribed 6 weeks of exercises with the monitors stuck to my body.  I figured that is all that medicare will pay for.  Then I progressed to a self paid program without the monitors.  That only costs me $28 a month, and I can take a guest.  My wife goes along and she needs to do some exercising also, we go 3 days a week.  On the other 4 days I walk 2 1/2 miles.  On Aug 22 I was cleared to do "anything I want to".  No restrictions.  For those of you who haven't heard, on May 22 I had quadruple bypass surgery.

John

RICH MUISE

That's great John....sorry to hear about your need for surgery, but happy to hear your progress. Obviously your heart's always been into racing..now you can bring the rest of you along with it again!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

F570RD

"Obviously we won't let you run with the Ys with your car, but you can get through the gate claiming to be Y powered"

Sounds kind'a Dragracist :002:..  John,best to ya with your surgery!!

Jeff Norwell

Please take pictures!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

wv 57s forever

weather channel.com say 60% chance rain.

JimNolan

Alan,
   I've been looking at that (rain). But, I'm packed and I'm outta here at 7am in the morning. If it rains I'm going to be pissed. I was looking to break the 13 second barrier this weekend. Now that's wishful hoping.

JPotter57

Jim and Allan, every time I have been it rains.  I just dont have the money to go this year, or I would be like last year, hanging out in the rain with you guys.  I had a blast last year, and cant wait to do it again.   I just bought a bunch of new furniture for wife, and a new 18 ft trailer for me and the `57.  Broke.  Bad. 
John, I am so glad to hear you're doing better.  I have been wondering about you, take care of yourself my friend, and good luck this weekend.  You know I am always rooting for that big white Fairlane!  Love that F-code 312, man...
Ditto on Jeff's photo request, I know Tom Drummond (wildhog) usually takes a bunch, but he's bringing his Y block powered ride to play this year, so he may or may not have time to take many.  I will be sure to watch the Y block site, 4 or 5 guys always take lots of great, hi def photos, and there are a ton of `57s that run the y block class.
Steve, like John and Pegleg Rice, I too am a little dragracist, but I have been known to run with the non-Y people from time to time, lol.  In fact, I really, really wish I still had my old stroker car, would have been fun to bring it along...Maybe next year, if there is still a world to live in....

Everybody, please be careful out there, on the road and at the track.  Stay dry, keep the shiny side up and the greasy side down.  Most of all, have fun, wish I could be there.
Old, loud, and fast.

JimNolan

James,
Talked to Pegleg up at Middlebury the other week and he said he was racing somewhere else. Forget where. That's a fast car he's got. I'm sort of like John. I had a heart attack in April with a couple stints and the blood thinners they have me on caused me to loose 5 pints of blood through my intestines a couple weeks ago. Now that was a sight to behold, your body only holds 8 -10 pints. They worked their asses off bringing color back to my cheeks.
I took so much grief about missing last year I'm not missing this one. I just hope the rain stays away. If I get tired I'm just going to run the 57 Ford bracket and be done with it. But, I'll be there. Jim

JPotter57

I wish I could be there. ..especially since I was the one giving you grief about not being there last year.   I should have considered all of the factors that cause one to not be able to attend before I jumped the gun on that one.  For that, Jim, I am sorry.  I wish I could take it all back but I can't.   I can say that I will choose my words more wisely.  I hate to hear about your heart attack.  I am glad things worked out for you.  I hope you have a great time this weekend.   I hope the new mill gets you into the 13s.  Finally I hope the rain stays away so the Fords can play.  Have a great time man..truly wish I could be there.
Old, loud, and fast.