News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

race/shootout

Started by wv 57s forever, 2013-08-25 16:25

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

RICH MUISE

The weights I remember hearing were more like a 3-400 lb difference. I believe the guys that reported their weighed weights (weighed weights?) on their Customs were averaging 3450 - 3600 if I remember correctly. plus 400 lbs would roughly correspond I guess to your(JIM) estimated weight. It just doesn't seem logical to me, that there'd be that much difference though. I think the Fairlanes are about 10" longer than the Customs.? I know the Fairlane back bumpers are more massive, but other than that, simplified, your just talking about a 10" crossection of sheetmetal and frame. Just doesn't seem like they'd be that much weight there.
I never have been able to locate weight or dimensions on the 1957ford.com site. There's always a blank following most of the spec callouts on my computer.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

wildhog

Jim, The one thing I forgot to ask you,do you like the mural on the tail gate of my Ranchero?
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

JimNolan

Quote from: wildhog on 2013-09-05 19:09
Jim, The one thing I forgot to ask you,do you like the mural on the tail gate of my Ranchero?
I didn't get a good look at it. I couldn't get close enough to you. lol

JPotter57

Put a picture up Tom..
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Jeff Norwell

For gods sake.......SOMEONE PUT A DANG PICTURE!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

JimNolan

Show them Tom, here's mine. I'm number 13. Larry Nickoson was 651.  lol  PS. Next year you'll need to put that mural on the hood of the Ranchero too so I can see it in my rear view mirror.

glen b henderson

I saw the mural in the parking lot Tom, looks great. How does the rear of the Falcon look?
Freedom is not Free

wildhog

Glen, I think the rear end of the Falcon will always look scary to me, when I found out the steering fell off in the pits, so now I will have to try to be ahead of you. With any luck I should be able to get the supercharger working and have a better out come next year. Thanks again for the parts. Tom

wildhog

All kidding a side the good Lord was looking out for Glen ,when he had a steering failure in the pits and not at over 100 mph on the track. That is not how you want to test your new roll bar. Glens Falcon looks great and runs good and leaves hard! As for the Ranchero I was happy how it ran, but I need a new driver, I got beat by faster cars,I got beat by slower cars, once I was passed by a track worker on a 4 wheeler!

JimNolan

Quote from: wildhog on 2013-09-06 10:26
once I was passed by a track worker on a 4 wheeler!
Don't worry Tom, that 4 wheeler had a modified Briggs and Stratton engine.

glen b henderson

Steering is good to go Tom, new joint installed from NAPA. The old one looked good but after I pulled it off, I discovered the material was rotten, my guess it was original to the 63 merc that I pulled it from. The car steers easy, but with the amount of caster that I'm running, it puts a great load on it when turning. I am going to replace it with a steel u joint this winter. I know how you fill about letting a slower car beat you, Bob Martin beat me in the 2nd round by .019 thous when I went to sleep on the tree. That Ranchero looks better in person than in the pics and should really haul butt when you get the blower hooked up. See ya'll next year, good Lord willing.
Freedom is not Free

Mark

For those who have not seen Tom's tailgate----all his cars are on it----check out that lic plate

RICH MUISE

That mural looks great...and that '57 plate is unreal... D 6...easy to remember. Even the D fits right in place with his last mame.
Tom...you gotta start posting some pics. What are those tailight lenses from? They look great. I like them even more than the '63 Galaxies I've got on mine.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

wildhog

Rich, I have a ton of pictures to post, but need a new confuser, this thing will lock up when I try to post pictures. A red fluid runs all over the top of the desk and green smoke comes out the sides and then it starts to whistle!!!!
The tail lights are 63 Fairlane and the body bolts right in to the 57. The outer reflective ring kind of flotes in the dark like neon. I have these on my custom and Ranchero and even on my Ranchero 1/2 trailer.