News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Reproduction Wiring Harnesses

Started by Randyh, 2016-09-09 17:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Randyh

Looking for a recommendation on which vendor has the closest to original wiring harnesses for a Custom.  I have found YNZ and Narragansett, there maybe others, that claim to be like the oriignal.  Can anyone give a recommendation on what to use?  I am going to replace all of the wiring in car.
Thanks, Randy

Lou

It has been some time since i installed their wiring harness I was very happy with Narraganett product.

Randyh

Thanks for reply I will look at them more.

petew

I purchased my harness from Narragansett about 3 years ago . It is a good product but I did have some minor issues.

I had ordered battery cables from them as well as part of the package but it took 2 months and several phone calls to finally get them. Of course they had already been paid for ...
The other issue happened just 2 weeks ago. Went to take the car for a ride a couple of Sundays ago and found that the gas gauge didn't work . After an hour of trouble shooting I discovered that the molded end on the sender wire at the gas gauge was bad. Clipped the end off , replaced it with a ring connector and the problem was solved.

These are minor things and overall they have a good product , the harness fit well and the instructions provided were good.

BWhitmore

I installed the YNZ underdash and taillight wiring loom in my Ranchero.  Easy installation and quality products.

Randyh

Did the Narragansett or YNZ match the originals?

BWhitmore

The YNZ wiring loom matched the original with correct terminal ends, color of wire, and correct texture of wire insulation. 

Randyh