News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Two Classic cars destroyed

Started by lowery, 2008-07-15 14:17

Previous topic - Next topic

lowery

Last night after my Rolling Thunder meeting a friend of mine informed me that 2 classic cars had been stolened from a man in Pittsborro N C.  To make a long story short from what he told me the cars were found, however ,they were sold to a scrap yard and CRUSHED. He did not know anything about the year, make. or model of these cars.

Lowery

wolfpupsdad

sounds alil fishy to me and heres why, 1- no scape yard would just crush a couple of classic anything, their worth more in parts then in scrape.
2- scape yard nation wide can't crush cars without titles or proof of ownership papers and have said vehicals cleared by the state deppartments of motor vehicals.
not saying their aint someone out there with a crusher that crushes anything they can get their hands n for a few bucks.
just don't make sense, with the prices one can get on e-bay, parting out makes more sense to me.

shopratwoody

I agree. Something just isn't right here.
Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!

JPotter57

Where I sell my scrap, they only require a vin, or if the car is cut up sufficiently, nothing.  Shreddable steel is going for $9 per 100 lbs, car bodies for 10.  Steel is usually loaded into a crusher as soon as they get it off your trailer.  Aluminum brings 55 per hundred, and cast iron, prepared steel is at 11 per hundred.  There is money to be made, and some scrapyards are anxious to sell to the yellow devils.  Theft is pretty bad, due to the fact that cops dont really care about older stuff being hauled off, especially if inop.  Really bad thing for MS, is that cars prior to `70 dont have titles anyway.  Beware, and keep yer iron safe, guys....
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

AntiBling

I think you guys are confusing scrap yards with junkyards. 

Scrap yards are where you haul your scrap steel.  And all the ones I know, not a single one of them requires any proof of ownership for old cars. 

If it was a newer car I think they might find it fishy but old cars are pulled from fields and scrapped all the time. 

wv 57s forever

as to cars older than 70s in good old wv every car has a title no matter what year.

57 Ford Kustom

In the state of Vt any motor vehicle over 15 yrs old does not need a title. In some ways that is good.

TOM :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.