News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

for sale or trade:VR58 blower pulley, 4.5 " dia.

Started by JPotter57, 2012-10-28 22:17

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

As soon as my pulley gets here, I will be selling my VR 58 4.5 inch diameter pulley.  This is spec'd for the VR 58 1958 ford 352 kit as well as the 1958 corvette kit, according to the man who owns all the vintage Paxton stuff.  I will be asking $125 shipped in the 48 states for this pulley, which is a great deal less than I gave for my VR57 pulley.  If I dont sell it here, it will go on ebay where some corvette goober will likely buy it.  I dont actually want to sell this until I receive my correct pulley, so it will probably be thursday or friday , just dont want to sell it, something happen with the other one and not have one at all..  Whoever expresses interest in it with promise of immediate payment, I will not sell it to anyone else.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Tom S

I object!                 
Sorry, I don't want you pulley, but I have to wonder about this.
Quote from: JPotter57 on 2012-10-28 22:17I will be asking $125 shipped in the 48 states ...
I see this quite often & it drives me crazy.  Why only to the 'lower 48' states when you can mail something like this in a USPS flat rate box to Alaska or Hawaii for the same price it costs to any of the other states.  I think the USPS will even pick up your package now days.
UPS & FedEx to here costs a fortune compared to the USPS. Usually twice or three times the cost of the US Post Office. Sometimes even four times the cost. If I want to order something & they only ship via UPS it is pretty much a deal breaker.  Wanted to order some decals once from a place that would only use UPS.  They quoted me a price of over 50 bucks for shipping.       

JPotter57

I wont ship something this small by UPS...they have gotten out of hand. If the flat rate box is the same for AK and HI, I will ship it there also.  NO international shipping whatsoever, unless you want to pay the actual shipping.  Not trying to be a butt about it, but have not had good experience with shipping out of the 48 states.  I will work with anyone that wants it. If not sold by Friday, it goes to ebay.
Old, loud, and fast.

Tom S

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2012-10-29 20:34If the flat rate box is the same for AK and HI ...
   That's why they call it a flat rate box.   :002: 
Believe it or not, there are still some people down there that think Alaska is a foreign country, or located out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean somewhere. 

wildhog

James, If you can Check with Paradisie and see if the shaft Dia. is the same on a V.S.57 or S.N.60 as the V.R.58. I would be interested. We were talking about this when your Dad rang in and we never got back togeather. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Hoosier Hurricane

Tom:

VR shaft size and pulley attachment are not the same as VS and SN.

John

JPotter57

I was thinking the VS had a different looking shaft, the VR is completely round, the pulley has a blind hole, and a bolt to attach, where I think the SN and VS have a round shaft with a keyway, the pulley is drilled and keyed all the wy through.  Correct me if I am wrong John.  I have only seen a few late model SN type Paxtons, not really up on the early McCulloch and VS Paxtons.  That is one of the issues I was running into searching out a pulley for my VR.  I was looking at a later style arrangement with serpentine pulleys, and though I could have lived with the non-stock appearance, there was just too much else that looked different in the photos to pursue it any further.
Old, loud, and fast.

wildhog

JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)