Inaugral Ronald McDonald Car Show Long Beach CA 2-19-2013

Started by 57AGIN, 2013-10-01 01:00

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

Guys:

I did something foolish I agreed to be a car parker at this new car show in Long Beach, CA.  We got there at 4:00 a.m. ready to park cars.  Unfortunately the show was the day after the very largest show in Southern Calif, The Cruise for a Cure held at the Orange County Fairgrounds over 3500 cars participating.  The new charity show in Long Beach only attracted a little over 100 cars.  Some were very nice.  But getting there at 4:00 a.m. and staying until after 3:00 p.m. the day following another large and early car show was dumb on my part.  However the weather and location were both superb.  I took a couple of photos there, one of which you should be able to recognize from both of the Gone In 60 Seconds movies.  Yes, the one shot in the early 1970's and the more recent one starring Nicklaus Cage.  Check out the background Hotels, I'm certain you will recognize them.  Also the Long Beach Grand Prix uses the lot where we were parked as the "pits" for the Grand Prix.

Bob
57 AGIN

rmk57

At first glance I thought the round building was Capital records. Wrong part of town I guess.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

57AGIN

Rmk57:

The round building is an apartment building, I think the basement garage was used in in both movies.  I could be wrong about that, but not fact that the building was filmed in both of the movies.  Long Beach and the surrounding roads and bridges were used extensively in them.

Bob
57 AGIN