News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Last Car Show of the Year for Me & Happy Holidays

Started by 57AGIN, 2013-12-15 20:07

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

Hi Guys:

I know most of you have put your 57's away or are working on them in heated (hopefully) garages. 
But, out here we are still finishing up the 2013 Car Show season.  For me it was a very busy show year starting in early February at a show just outside Palm Springs.  40 shows later the 2013 season ended in Hawthorne, CA at the South Bay Ford/Lincoln Dealership.  The weather was in the low 50's on arrival and at 1:00 p.m. was 81 degrees, not a typical California December day.  My car did well in a four car class, "Other Fords" taking a 1st place, the T-Bird 2nd & the Cougar 3rd.  But, the exciting part of the show wasn't the Trophy, it was the fact that Henry Ford III was there and signed both my Trophy and a photo of my 57.  Nice Guy and very cool way to end the year.

Stay warm, work on your 57's and have a very Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year.

Bob
57 AGIN

RICH MUISE

Looking good as usual. You sure do a ton of shows. Seems strange not to see Rick's next to yours. Kind of off topic, but in the last pic, the white fastback car behind the blue Mustang...any idea what it is?..looks like a Blue Oval on the back, but got too out of focus trying to blow it up. Sure doesn't look like any Ford I've seen. Maybe on your higher def. pic you can blow it up bigger than the forum pic.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Frankenstein57

RICH MUISE

Well I've sure seen a half million or so Focus'. Just looked unusual for some reason. Kinda reminded me of the old 60's Volvo p somethings....with the almost a wagon, but not quite, look.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57AGIN

Rich:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it is a Focus.  This was the first year the dealership didn't move all of the new cars off the lot.  Probably because the registration for this show was down from previous years.  Only 120 cars registered for this show.  Interestingly, the most represented car club was a Lincoln club who showed up with 8 Lincoln MK VII's.  Nearly all of the other cars were Mustangs of various vintages.  I do like going to all Ford shows occasionally because there is no bias based on car manufacturer and our 57's show very nicely in the midst of a sea of Mustangs.

Bob
57 AGIN