News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

HAMB

Started by junior58, 2014-01-27 13:48

Previous topic - Next topic

junior58

Whilst reading various posts on here, I often see reference made to the HAMB forum, but almost in a whispering manner, as though it's frowned upon to go on there. I don't know if this is "tongue in cheek" or if it is frowned upon to visit  the HAMB. I know there may a lot of irrelevant stuff on there, but there is also some really cool stuff, and some helpful stuff as well (you just need to troll through the stuff you're not interested in). I'm not ashamed to admit that I visit the HAMB. What are the general feelings out there?
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

hotroddonnie

Its like looking at other women all men do we/I just don't let my wife catch me! James I'm sure doesn't care if we go on the HAMB and why should he. this is home and its good to see what else is out there to bring back. I've learned a lot from the HAMB, as well as other sites, this one I feel more comfortable. Like you said its more tonge and cheek. HRD   

Ford Blue blood

Yup, the HAMB has some good stuff on it....but....at the same time there are several.......won't go there.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

There is some great stuff on the Hamb, and alot of incredibly talented folks. I think the guys from this forum that won't go there, won't go there because of all the rude s.o.b.'s that unfortunatly are there also, not because it's frowned upon. Many of our members, including James are Hamb members. Jeff is a moderator there also. Many of the members here have rides that are not Hamb friendly..mine in particular. I just watch what I post there.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

It is tongue in cheek, very much so.  I go there a bunch, Donnie pretty much lives there, Norwell is a mod there.  It's all in good fun.  There are some guys on there that tend to suck all the fun out of everything, thinking they are the "traditional police", if you don't have 50's era air in your tires, you're outa there.  For the most part, it is a place with an incredible amount of talent, wisdom and knowledge, as well as a broad array of subject matter.  We only have one year of one make of car here, and that specialization is what makes us what we are.  The other big 57 Ford site is not an enemy or competitor of mine, any more than the HAMB.  1957Ford.com is owned by an old and very good friend of mine, John Gambill, and we generally work closely on these two sites.  We don't compete at all, as both sites have their place.  His site is a vast collection of information and documentation, where this site finds its place being an online meeting place for 57 fans worldwide.  The knowledge base contained in both sites is staggering when you think about it.  As far as the HAMB, because the subject matter is so vast, cars from 10's all the way up to 63 or so, both car and truck, any make, foreign and domestic, that friends, is a lot of cars.  Because of that quantity, the amount spent on any one year or even make, is going to be lower than here.  I like to look at us as kind of a mini-HAMB, where we can still be part of an online community, without the posturing that comes with a lot of sites like that, someone trying to be the king or whatever.  I have said it before, I am a member of this site first, and just the administrator otherwise.  I don't rule de facto, but I do, with some help from other guys here, set some kind of ground rules.  Just enough to keep the site rolling along smoothly.  Please, don't anyone feel that they shouldn't post something they've seen there just because they think it is off-limits.  If it is relevant to 57 Fords, please share.  St Nick's black and white 427 FE powered Custom 300 is one of my favorite discussion threads there.  For the record, St Nick just joined here a couple weeks ago, and may be lurking here as we speak. 
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

junior58

Thanks for the straight up answers guys. I thought it may be the case, we can all give each other a bit of a jibe from time to time so long as we keep it civil and friendly. I really enjoy this site and since joining it have spent less time on the HAMB, as this one is more relevant to where I am at. I know what you mean about some of the "traditionalists" being a bit a*** retentive, but I just tend to ignore them and enjoy the rest for what it is.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

sprink88

Yeah, I am a member there. MAYBE have 3 posts. Just lurk cause if you say one wrong thing, watch out. Your the devil
~Chris

Zapato

HRD never knew you were so eloquent. Have to admit it couldn't have been better said.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Zapato

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2014-01-27 14:04
this one I feel more comfortable. Like you said its more tounge and cheek. HRD

Heck yes, and we even gave you a nickname. Just like we'd do for our baby brothers.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

hotroddonnie

You gave me that nickname Zap.....and I will wear it proudly.  :canada:

jumping jack flash

Freedom of the press , also includes the reader.

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: jumping jack flash on 2014-01-28 10:59
Freedom of the press , also includes the reader.

Agree 2 + .....I do vote with my pencil, my left rear pocket and those who I communicate with.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Jeff Norwell

Your all Banned.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

57 Ford Kustom

After all this chatter I had to join the "HAMB". The only catagories that I have seen have been Hot rod, or custom. Is there different HAMB sites? A lot of random stuff, I find this site much more informative. The one thing I hate is all the guys putting c#%?? engines in Fords! What is wrong with using an FE, SBF, or a flat head if you want an origonal hot rod! The one thing I did like is that with in an hour of posting a want ad for a 63' fairlane tail light I had two guys respond! Lol!
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.