News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

What Battery?

Started by Ford_Crazy, 2010-03-30 14:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford_Crazy

Can I buy a modern battery that will fit in the stock 57 battery tray?  My local auto parts store's books don't go back that far.  The 57 battery looks long and thin.  If so, what's the manufacturer and model number? I can relocate it the to trunk if I have to.

texasmark1

got mine from Interstate... just search their website, have the dimensions in hand and you will see it... fits just fine.

Mark
God Bless Texas!

Bubba

Interstate dealers usually are really good with fitment information.
If you want to believe Consumers Reports they strongly recommend the Sears Die Hard Platinum Series of batteries.  I've used both and the Interstate dealers are usually a lot better at standing behind their products.  In the interesting but otherwise useless information category, I read somewhere on the internet that there are only three our four battery manufacturers in the USA, and they make all the batteries for Sears, Interstate, and all the other brands.
BuBBa

Bubba

Bros:
If you go to this URL it has all the battery series numbers and sizes.
It's a handy reference for fitting any battery to a vehicle.
http://www.rtpnet.org/teaa/bcigroup.html

Frankenstein57

Does anyone have a part#### for the correct battery? I bought one from autozone that was listed for the 57-58, it drops into the box ok but the base of the battery box narrows down to 5 5/8". So it sits on top of a ridge of metal, I don't want to booger up the battery tray. Mark

RICH MUISE

Just as a point of reference, I believe optima batteries have available snap on bases to adapt their limited choice of batteriy sizes available to fit different size battery trays. I have not checked the sizes available to see if they fit.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

wildhog

the correct battery is a 29n.f. with the heavy duty being a 32n.f. you can still get a 29n.f. at battery plus, a commercial fork lift battery, or you can get a reproduction ford battery from new castle in penn.. or any of the t-bird parts houses. hope this helds tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Ford_Crazy

Thanks for the info.  I was able to order a 29N battery from my local parts house.  Fits perfect!  :001: