News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Well somebody has to start a new thread

Started by custom300fe, 2006-11-30 08:34

Previous topic - Next topic

custom300fe

Has anyone changed the door hinge pins in their car. Mine are in need of replacement and I haven't been able to find what size they are or where I can get them.
Gerry

Custom 300 2dr
390 + 30
Edelbrock Heads
Ported Street Dominator, 750 DP
Crites 2" Long tube Headers
C-6
3:55 Trac-Loc

shopratwoody

Gerry, I was looking at some spare hinges..can't get to the pins to measure. I know when we changed the ones in
my brothers El Camino we cut the off with a cutting wheel and drove them out with a punch. If you had a extra hinge
you could cut in order to find the size. The Chevy guys can buy anything they need :icon_pray:
Ron :icon_salut:
I hate blocksanding!

briney

Custom300fe,

You can get the hinge pins at:
C&G Early ford parts.
1941 Commercial Street Escondido, CA 92029
ORDERS: 760-740-2400

Part# B9A-5943030-A   Fits All Car 1959-1972 $2.50 each.

You will need to cut them to length.

Hope this helps, let me know

Patrick
Dallas, TX

Here is a picture.

If it won't fit, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

RICH MUISE

well, 4 years later, I'll put my 2 cents in. I recently rebuilt all my door hinges (photo in under construction). All the pins just knocked out with a drift pin. I found new bushings and pins at o'reillys and auto zone in their"help" brand of misc. parts. just a hint: as you take them all apart, stamp both halves top left, bottom right, ect. in an area that won't be seen after instalation. 4 years later, but "well somebody has to start a new thread.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe