News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New glass

Started by gasman826, 2014-09-02 16:10

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman826

New front and rear glass installed.

gasman826

New rear side glass installed as Business Coupe.  Great fitting hardware from John Gambill.

gasman826

more glass

It's so nice to have clear, sparkling glass.  Not like the pitted, cracked stuff that was in it.

Frankenstein57

Looks good,  any issues with the installation?

RICH MUISE

Man, it's gotta feel good to be finally reassembling. Looking really good. You're deleting all the windshield and backwindow trim? sealant/no sealant in them?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

Surprisingly, no sealer.  The installers want the seals to 'take a set' before any more adjustments or sealer.  I've washed the car with no leaks.  Driving in a storm will be the proof.

Issues...the corners of the rear seal will likely require a little sealer to help them lay flat.  The only other thing was finding a supplier for the spline that eliminated the stainless trim.  I found suppliers on eBay.  The glass company is an old company with experienced (old) installers and suppliers.

The business coupe conversion hardware fit like it was made for it.  No leaks, dust, and dirt.  Less glass and no track or crank mechanisim...shaved off close to 20 pounds and no water going down into the inner quarters.  The windows only rolled down half way...have AC...and who cares about the back seaters anyway.

New stainless hardware and instructions from John Gambill and gaskets from Dennis Carpenter.

RICH MUISE

So the windshield and back glass are coming back out after they "set". Funny you mentioned the back seal corner..last night I was looking for some headliner install pics and ran across one that showed that back seal. I was test fitting it and found way too much rubber on the upper inside corners, so trimmed it back a bit.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

No, the glass is not coming out...least I hope not.

That little flap of rubber under your thumb is the part that may require a little sealer to keep it laying down.

Ford Blue blood

My back window seal took about six months to lay down.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II