News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

#@!%**#!!

Started by RICH MUISE, 2011-10-27 07:20

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

this morning in Texas
So much for getting the garage expanded before weather hit. Mad rush to the store for tarps last night...yep, that's my '57 under the cover....It'll be wallowing in mud after the snow changes to rain later this morning.
#@!!!53@!! %##@!^%%@!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

glen b henderson

Wow, a little early for ya'll, hope that s--t don't move south.
Freedom is not Free

Zapato

Maybe Kansas is looking a bit better these days........... Can't believe the extreme differences in weather you guys are experiencing this year. Just a few weeks back you guys were roasting. What happened to FALL in Texas.

From the PNW, where we have 2 seasons. the long one being WET with all sorts of temperature and the short season we call DRY.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

TexasFordGuy

Might have been the rest of us here in Texas's fault.  With almost 100 days over 100 this summer in several cities, there must have been a lot prayers that were answered all at once.
1957 Club Victoria (63B)
1955 F100

JimNolan

Rich,
   If it's any consolation, every place I've ever been except the LA Basin has bad weather at one time or another. My son can't understand why I'd want to live in Northern Indiana where it's cold during the winter. I reminded him of the cold weather in Indiana when I took food, water, gas, generator, diapers and money to him two days after Katrina hit. Oh, as far as the LA Basin goes. I wouldn't live anywhere that mosqitoes can't breath the air. I don't like the weather in Indiana, just can't find a better place to live. Jim 
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Frankenstein57

Rich that is pretty extreme, that shot of you painting a couple months ago was 120 degrees. Mark

Ford Blue blood

Jim I find the Birmingham AL area a pretty good balance.  Summers have a lot of "sticky" days and I have enjoyed cooking Christmas dinner in a T, shorts and flip flops but the winters actually have many paint days...yup, have the tornado thing to deal with but I like my chances there. :001:
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

We do have the rapid change in extremes here..that's what makes it so hard to get use to. Two days before the pic I posted it was 84 degrees. Don't know how cold it was last night, but everything is frozen solid this morning..but it's suppose to get up to 70 this afternoon.We always have wind, but at least not too much humidity.
Jim...I was brought up in Mass., moved to SoCal for 18 years, Colorado for 23, and now Texas. By far the best weather to my liking was Colorado...4 seasons without the humidity or bugs....and rarely get the extremes. Best places are in the foothills, like Colorado Springs. If it gets too hot for ya, you can take a 15 minute drive up the pass and get a 20 degree temp. change. Most snow is rarely on the ground for more than a few days. Second best was Socal..I just found the weather almost boring..I like the 4 seasons.
Rich

geraldchainsaw

why don't all u guys come live here in michigan

JPotter57

If I could have my job in Tennessee I would still be there.  The temps this summer were comparable to south Mississippi, but the humidity was much less.  It stayed around 90% or so most of the summer in MS.  I am in TN right now and aside from the rain, it is pretty nice.  The trees dont really change in MS like here, a lot of pines and magnolias.   You dont see the fiery reds,  oranges, and golds inthe leaves like here.  I miss TN...plus, like Rich said, here, you get 4 seasons.  The mosquitoes will carry you off in MS too...hate those things.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

57redwhitered

I would tell everyone how great Kansas is, but then everyone would want to move here and it would get to crowded for this farm boy.  By the way what is a tree?
1957 Skyliner

RICH MUISE

A tree...in Texas if they have 7 of them within sight of each other, they call it a state forest.

JimNolan

Guys,
   I looked up each states humidity averages, number or days temps were below 32 degrees and and aboue 90 degrees. Along with this information I ran across Crime figures of each state in relationship to the national average.
One of the worst states is Tenn with a 65% higher violent and 38% higher property crime rate than the national average. Alabama was 13% and 33% higher. Mich was 30% and 17% higher. Texas was 27% and 45% higher. California was 45% and 3% higher. Mississippi was 16% lower in violent and 20% higher in property crime than the national average.
 KENTUCKY was 32% and 12% LOWER. Virginia was 34% and 10% lower. And West Virginia was 26% and 24% lower.
  Imagine what would happen to you if someone decided to steal your car. In California they'd shoot you in the head and not care about your car. In Tenn they'd torture you for hours, cut your head off, rob your house and then steal your car. In Texas they'd hit you in the head and then steal your car. But, in Ky, VA and West Va. they wouldn't screw with you because they'd figure you were packing. By the way, Indiana was 19% lower in violent and 12% higher in property crimes. In Indiana they wait until you go to sleep and then steal your car.
  So, if you're planning on visiting James, wait till he goes back to Mississippi. It's safer. LOL Jim

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Ford Blue blood

So.....what you're saying is AL is the place to live?
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Frankenstein57

So how did Wisconsin rate? I kind of like our weather, 4 seasons, none overly extreme. Just wish I didn't have to put the ranchero away from now till April.  Mark