News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

#@!%**#!!

Started by RICH MUISE, 2011-10-27 07:20

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

Frankenstein57,
   In Wisconson they walk up to you and ask you if they can steal your car. It was 45% and 2% lower.
I'm SORRY I got off on crime. I ran across it looking for best states to live in weather wise and thought it interesting. Weather is the topic. Extreme Weather to be exact. We've faired well here in Northern Indiana. For some reason where I live is spared the tornadoes, extreme heat and unbearable snow storms. I live 25 miles from a interstate highway that'll take me to the gulf coast and 90 miles from one that'll take me to the east and west coast. That ain't bad.
  Rich, I've been to Texas a few times, flew over it at 5000 ft. a few times. I'm sure there are more than seven trees in Texas. The eastern part of Texas is where I'd consider living if I went to Texas, I saw more than seven trees there. There's a reason why aeronautical maps turn from green to brown when you get to Texas. Jim 
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Ford Blue blood

Mark I was born and raised on a small farm in WI just north of Madison.  Like you I find the climate change very attractive, wouldn't say they aren't too extreme, 15 below Christmas morning is just a touch on the brisk side for me, and you do have to be careful you don't miss both days of summer if traveling.  And let us not forget the state bird! 

I am in AL because I found work here after the Navy and found the tax base to be very retiree friendly.  Having lived here for nearly 15 years I have friends and a large circle of acquaintances.  Back home has all the old high school buds, all having moved in different circles over the last 40 years so we are kinda like strangers when we hook up.  My military retiree pay and SS are not taxed by the state, my house taxes are very low, 2200 sq. ft. brick ranch with 2 car attached and a 30 X 30 block work shop on two acres is only $800/year.  Now if I had kids school age I might have given serious consideration to other locations as alone with the low tax base comes reduced services and lower levels of scholastic importance.

If you are in good health, are not particularly dependent on the arts and enjoy independent living AL is not too bad a place to live.  As I found moving about with the Navy over the years any place you hang the hat is home and home is what you make of it.......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Frankenstein57

A gal I worked with moved to Alabama with her hubby, she didn't like the cold and snow. She said its so hot and humid they stay inside with the ac on all summer, low taxes are a plus. He's also a gun nut, I think he walks around packing a sidearm all day.  I guess its what your needs are,  Mark

wildhog

Mark, In two more days you can walk around Wisconsin, packing a gun! They didn't have to move!
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Ford Blue blood

It does get a bit "sticky" in the summer!  I have found gallons of water and a fan in the shop make it tolerable to work.  You get used to the heat if you go out in it all the time.  Which is why I freeze my butt off in WI during our Christmas visits.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II