News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

$75.00 and loss of supper hubcap

Started by 57 Ford Kustom, 2007-09-21 20:06

Previous topic - Next topic

57 Ford Kustom

Went to go to a cruize nite a couple weeks ago got 15 miles from home heard a hell of a noise in right rear . This was at 70MPH on a interstate, got out looked at the right side lake pipe still hooked ,the cruizer skirt didn't come loose but the tire was hot the rim was warm. looked under car every thing looked good . Got back in car started again got up to speed noise started again and blue smoke came out from under car. Loud grinding noise told wife that was it going to call a flatbed to get it home. $75 later car was in the garage loud noise in right rear sounded like a wheel bearing but put new ones in this spring.
    So tonite went out to garage to see what was wrong [ been putting in 15 to 20 hrs a week overtime] So got it jacked up went to put jack stands under and saw the stupid hub cap wedged above the tire in the wheelwell almost had to take tire off to yank it out. The car seats so low didn,t see that the cap was missing. :dumbass: the hubcap has 2 minor dents in center. Hubcap now on wall written under it is $75 hubcap.

T 8)M  :unitedstates: :burnout:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

briney

57 Ford Kustom,

I'm glad you and the car weren't hurt. $75.00 is getting off pretty cheep in the grand scheme of things.  I like the idea of hanging it on the wall.

Patrick / Dallas TX   :unitedstates:
If it won't fit, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

shopratwoody

Tom,
Sounds like it ruined the night....but what a simple fix! Didn,t ever bend up the car, you must live right.
Later, Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!

cool57

Your car is so low you don't need wheelcovers!

Frankenstein57

If I need a tow, hope I get you're guy. 75$? not around here, Mark

57 Ford Kustom

It sure helps living in a small town for 28 yrs. and knowing the wrecker operator. My son called him for me he was told the operator had to pick up his grand kids at school go back to garage for flat rack take the grandkids home [ not in the same direction that I was in] come back to the interstate go 8 miles south pick me up turn arount and go 14 miles to my house, than unload and go 3 miles back to the garage to leave the flat rack and go home late for supper. He told me that it had to be $75 seeing it was after hours. Of course I told him no problem :003:

T 8)M  :unitedstates:  :burnout:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.