Seeking Chrome Shop recommendations near Louisville Ky.

Started by KYBlueOval, 2022-03-06 07:12

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

The chrome shop that has done work for me has decided to close his business. The good news is I got all of my parts returned. The bad news is none of them were re-plated.
So, I'm looking for a chrome plating shop in Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois,Tennessee,West Virginia, Southern Ohio that I can drive to, as I do not want to ship the parts. I'm well aware of Advance Plating in Nashville, and they do perfect work, but the cost is extreme. A friend recently took front and rear bumpers for a mid sixties Fairlane and the price was $3300.00 for the pair. OUCH!

So, do you have any recommendations or "warnings" for chrome shops in the states mentioned above?
Thanks
John

gasman826

Metal-brite Polishing
2445 Neff RD
Dayton OH 45414
jimbarr9576@gmail.com
937 278 9739

I've had several pieces of diecast restored.  I just got a batch of stainless straightened and polished.  Phone and email has worked in the past.  Website is down this morning but there is a FaceBook page.

KYBlueOval

Thanks Gary.............I appreciate it.
John

40coupefan

Dan?s polishing in Adamsville, TN. Did my re-chroming for my 57 and I was very pleased.

ragtop

all chrome shops have gone up rear custom bumper just had done in MN. 1200.00 I wanted to do the window and windshield trim wanted 3500.00 had same parts done 2 years ago for 2000.00 at the price of chrome there will be a lot less on my next builds.

abe_lugo

It seems to be much cheaper now to find NOS or nice original parts (with nice chrome or clean stainless)  and replace, sell off the old ones. Just a thought, if its a rare trim part, well, then you are stuck.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

KYBlueOval

Quote from: 40coupefan on 2022-03-08 06:29
Dan?s polishing in Adamsville, TN. Did my re-chroming for my 57 and I was very pleased.

Thanks for the information, very much appreciated.
John

SkylinerRon

Qualchrome in Erie Pa. does great work. I can use my 57 rear bumper as a mirror to shave!

Ron.

KYBlueOval

geraldchainsaw

you mentioned Ind, or Ill,  whats wrong with Mi?,  had my rear bumper done on the 57 ford fairlane conv,  last year, cost $600,    has it gone up that much?,    can find out the address if you like,  and another 1 in  Detroit that i like,  does show quality

RICH MUISE

It would be interesting to see what the swap meet sellers have stuff priced at. John, if you have plans of visiting your soon soon, the Pate swap meet is coming up soon I think. April? It was 6 or 8 years ago but that's where I got my bumper and grille from the Bumper Shop (not Bumper Boys)
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

KYBlueOval

Quote from: geraldchainsaw on 2022-03-09 16:38
you mentioned Ind, or Ill,  whats wrong with Mi?,  had my rear bumper done on the 57 ford fairlane conv,  last year, cost $600,    has it gone up that much?,    can find out the address if you like,  and another 1 in  Detroit that i like,  does show quality

Nothing wrong with Michigan! I was looking for shops relatively close to Louisville. So yes, I would like the contact information for the shop you used.
Thanks
John

KYBlueOval

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2022-03-09 17:58
It would be interesting to see what the swap meet sellers have stuff priced at. John, if you have plans of visiting your soon soon, the Pate swap meet is coming up soon I think. April? It was 6 or 8 years ago but that's where I got my bumper and grille from the Bumper Shop (not Bumper Boys)

Rich, I'll check the dates for the Pate Swap Meet,I might be able to attend. I know I'll be in Ft. Worth in May as my son has a trial (criminal defense attorney) that should start in early to mid May, and I'll be there to help with the kids. You'll see this trial on TV..........Stay tuned.

John

RICH MUISE

Pate swap meet is April 28-30   for those who have never attended....50th year, 2nd largest swap meet in the country. 
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

KYBlueOval

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2022-03-10 09:21
Pate swap meet is April 28-30   for those who have never attended....50th year, 2nd largest swap meet in the country.

I met Rich at the Pate Swap meet several years ago. Everything is bigger in Texas, and this is big. It will wear you out to walk it all in one day. Ask me how I know.
John