News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

'57 RANCHERO SEAT PARTS QUESTION

Started by johncr, 2010-11-16 00:26

Previous topic - Next topic

johncr

Hello.
I'm new at this and just signed on today. I know email, but forum posting is new to me, like the '57 Ranchero (66B) I just acquired.
It is a very mild custom with Lincoln bucket seats in it now.
I want to put the right bench seat in it. I need to know quickly while the parts are available if the metal seat skirts from a 1959 Ford four-door front seat (described as a "Galaxie four door") are the same as '57 Ranchero seat skirts. Sources for upholstery materials and recommendations for a restoration upholstery artisan in the Vancouver, BC area also appreciated.
Thanks.
John   :help:

RICH MUISE

John...welcome.. It's nice to see so many Canadians signing on.I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for...you mentioned your new Ranchero was a mild custom...so, if you are  wanting an original type front seat that will be reupholstered as oem reproductions, check the two websites listed in the supplier links section. If you are going to have it custom reupholstered your options are wide open...the shop you end up using will be able to supply the materials and have plenty of samples to chose from, or just check your yellow pages for auto upholstery supply shops. A city the size of Vancouver probably has a few of them.
The trim and sealant manuals that would show the seat components are year to year. The '57 manual only shows '57 models, so it would take someone with manuals for both years to answer your '59 question....(unless the ebay ad listed part numbers for what they were selling that we could compare to the '57 manual). I might be wrong, but I wouldn't think the seat trim pieces for a '57 would be that hard to find if you don't want to take the chance on '59's not fitting....  Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe