News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Finned aluminum valve covers

Started by Ecode70D, 2013-03-29 11:13

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Quote from: rmk57 on 2013-04-03 20:23

I've seen a lot of rocker covers in my life, but never anything like those. There very unique looking
but I'd have to pass.
I think they're great..I'd jump on those in a heartbeat.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

IMHO...
They are different for sure.  If I had to choose between those and the stock Tbird ones, I would take the Thunderbird rocker covers.       

Zapato

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2013-04-03 19:34
Here is a pic of one...pretty cool stuff.

They look really killer painted engine color between the ribs. (April Fools,lol)

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Hoosier Hurricane

I remember seeing those advertised in Hot Rod back in '58.  I'm glad I didn't buy those, but instead went to my local Ford dealer and ordered a pair of Thunderbird covers.  With a discount I paid $32 for the pair.  Where is my time machine???   Oh,  I still have 'em.   John

Zapato

Quote from: Hoosier Hurricane on 2013-04-05 06:05
I remember seeing those advertised in Hot Rod back in '58.    John

John, do you remember how much they were back in 58 ? Ballpark figure would be fine. Usually see at least one or two sometimes a set a Portland Swap Meet.

Another killer set would be the ones found on 56-7 Continental Mark 2s. Heavily ribbed across with the Continental Star blazing in the center. I have a free set available one just needs to buy the rest of the MK2 to receive them.

Zapato

Hoosier Hurricane

Zap:

Don't remember exactly, but I would think no more than $40.  John

Zapato

Wow! that would have been some serious change in 58.

Zapato

ragtop

just sold a set of 368 continental covers on my 57 lincoln convert.

wildhog

Ragtop, I s that a Edmunds 317 intake? I sold one like it last year and went with a M335. Thanks Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

ragtop

yes it is a edmund intake  when I was building the car only 2x4 I found for a 368 but after I had it done I found a m335 but the price was to hi I think he wanted 3000.00 for it with no carbs just intake so just left it on works grate the car moves out a lot better or as good as it can for a 5000lb car

wildhog

Ragtop, Are you up by Madison or the Stoughton area? Thanks Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

ragtop

Zapato

Any chance one of you guys with a set of T-bird valve covers can provide a picture with the bird dimensioned. all over.

And do any of you guys have a junk FE valve cover you'd be willing to part with........

Just daydreaming at this end.

Zapato

57 Ford Kustom

Tom,
   Great score!
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.