News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Contact needed for 57 glass

Started by Ecode70D, 2013-04-28 17:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Norwell

Hey Jay..how did you make out?
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Ecode70D

Jeff   I have not been able to locate one for a 4 door hard top through the dealers.  I found out from the dealers that the only thing that fits is 57 and 58 four door hard top rear glass.   There is one available here in Mass.   It is less than 10 miles from my home. 
     This week end I will be away at the big flea market at Mansfield Mass.
     Next week I'll get that local one and save it for my brother.  We'll just have to figure out how to get it to Arizona where my brother and his car are.  At least this way I'll have it in my possession.    Jay

57 Ford Kustom

Jay, I just wanted to let you know that this year I won't be able to make it to Mansfield. It's mothers day weekend, and I have plans to get the car going, and giving my mom a ride in dad's car. I thought it would be a good mothers day surprise! Besides that the IRS I guess has decided to mail me another letter saying that they overpaid me in 2007! I told my wife we will probably get one every month until we get to 2012! Did I say how much I despise this administration! Thanks, Tim
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Ecode70D

Tim
     I don't know why they do it on Mother's day.  In the 25-30 or so years that I have been going there, to the best  of my knowledge only one time they didn't do it on Mother's day.
     The other bad news is that the weather experts have been stating all week that we are going to have rain all week end......"Big Bummer"  I always look forward to this one.
      IRS... that's scary. 
       Who knows m maybe you will be able to make it next year. 
Jay

RICH MUISE

IRS...hmmm..not to get politcal here, but we thought we were finally clear of a 12 year struggle with the IRS when we were forced into a chapter 13, 5 years ago...to the tune of 750. a month. We got that paid off about 6 months early..just earlier this year. This week we were  notified that because the IRS supplied wrong info to my attorney and the bankruptcy trustee, and my high $ attorney never caught it, that we still owe the IRS 17K. It gets pretty complicated, but it came down to how much of the money we owed them was priority (that gets paid first). they initially reported only a 514. amount was actually priority. After the bankruptcy was finalized, they basically said that amount should have been 17.5K. Guess who gets screwed on that deal. I'm just sick over it.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

LAUDY57

There's enough problems in life without having to battle the government as well, it really is a one sided fight with them having all the taxpayer's resources to go after you. Sorry to hear of your problems you guys, that's really getting kicked in the family jewels (they probably want them too!).
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

RICH MUISE

Hey guys..I want to apologize for getting on my irs problems rant...I was just needing to vent after stressing so bad last week. The fact of the matter is nothing happened with our situation that wasn't a direct result of our own mistakes and I've got no one to blame but me, and partially our attorney for not giving us a heads up so we could have prepared for it.
A little advise for anyone out there who may be in the same situation I was 14 years ago....get your returns filed within the legal time limits..even if you can't pay what you owe. Filing date is the critical factor. The fact of the matter is on that, if I had I filed on time, even without paying I would not owe 17K now. Like I said...my error in judgement..not the irs.

Zapato

Rich, I thought you were ranting about "I"ndependent "R"ear  "S"uspension. who knew? Your advise is dead on perfect.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

Independent rear suspension...funny. One more thing I wanted to mention because so many of our members are in their later working years...There is one more MAJOR penalty you get hit with for not filing returns within a certain time frame (I think this is where the crazy 3 year, 3 month, 3 day rule applies)...even if you get all those (self employment or ss. taxes) taxes, penalties and interest eventually paid, they will never be counted when they add up what you paid into Social security to determine your retirement monthly benefits. That affects you for the rest of your life. So, in my case, not only was I hit with approx. 50K overall in penalties and interest, I have 4 years less "working credit" on my monthly ss check.

gasman826

Now that the subject has been totally hijacked to discuss IRS and Social Security, I have something to add.  If one does not pay enough FICA/Social Security for four years, you are disqualified from receiving SS Disability Income benefits.  It takes four years of paying a minimum amount each year to re-qualify.  I had a creative accountant that overlooked this detail and I have no disability benefits.  It would have been much cheaper to pay the tax rather than the premiums on a disability income insurance policy of equal value.  I have a new accountant!!!

RICH MUISE

If life was just so simple as to be allowed do-overs, we'd not have made the same mistakes. On the other hand we probably would have just discovered new ones.