News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

"The Car Chasers" on CNBC Tuesday Night

Started by suede57ford, 2013-11-04 21:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Norwell

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

RICH MUISE

That was your's, Jeff?...no wonder he sold it so cheap.
LOL....James....didn't think Pat looked mousy, or Krista a battle axe.....I thought, that's smart, it's harder to say no to a good looking woman than it is to another man. As far as the scrub punk goes, if that were me, he would have been waiting out in their truck for the deal to finish up. Rude little ****. It was still a good presentation though.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

I didn't say I thought he looked that way, just the producers tried to portray him that way.  They always try to make the man look like a moron and the woman look like she wears the pants, a line which was even used in this show.  Watch it again, and notice when the mouthy scrub boy smarts off to Pat about something, they only show Pat with a blank expression, both times, rather than the instant rebuttal I know Pat would have given.  Like Pat said, they argued constantly but it was cut out of the final program.  When he mentioned he wanted his wife present for discussion of dollars, the kid says, "we see who wears the pants here".  I know Pat better than to think that, there is just a mutual respect he and his wife share, and each would have said the same thing, "the other has to be there".  Partnership.  Like I said, I enjoyed the show, but they should have left more of Pat's remarks in place instead of on the cutting room floor.  Again, I want to reiterate, it was the production team's attempt to make it appear that way.  Pat's wife is not the battle axe type, I have only met her once, but she is a very sweet natured lady.  Look at other popular shows on TV and see what I mean about how they portray couples.  It's always the dad is a bumbling idiot, mom is a nagging harpy, and the kids, if there are any, are the only ones with any signs of intelligence.  Hence the reason I don't watch a great deal of TV.
And I agree, I would have probably popped scrub-boy's jaws for him.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

suede57ford

Krista and I often do these car deals together.  She is way more involved and educated about cars then the majority of guys you would meet at any car shows.  She drives all the cars and even has her own CJ mach and '69 Bronco.   

We work together as a team against the host and his young side-kick on the car deal. She comes off as strong woman and part of the decision maker in the money deal.  It doesn't mean that she's the "Boss", just she knows her stuff that we are a combo and I valued her opinion on the money part.  She has done some really tough negotiations that have worked in our favor to enable us to purchase some of the cars we wanted.   

Everyone can interpret the situation a little different, just like any email, text, or message can be perceived in a variety of ways.   

Normally people are impressed with how knowledgable she is with cars and we make a great car collecting combo together.  I think that is the way most who saw the episode interpreted it, even though it was sort of exagerated for TV.

There always seems to be a guy like the "Matt" character at every event and we just tolerate them.....

The show was meant to entertain, not necessarially to be analyzed.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

JPotter57

I agree..Pat, i am sorry about all that..it's like the more I tried to explain what I said, the worse it got, or at least the worse it looked.  Wish I could go back a few hours, but I can't, just have to deal with the mess I made of it.  It is entertainment, and I should have let it go.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Jeff Norwell

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Frankenstein57

I watched it last night, that was cool. You guys did a great job, enjoyed seeing your cars. I wonder if some of that is staged, like his dad buying the trans am :director:

BAMA_57

It was a great show Pat. I thought Krista came across very well. Tell her I have a '69 BOSS she would like. See below.
'57 Fairlane 500
'69 Boss 302 Mustang
'70 Boss 302 Mustang
'77 F-100 Explorer