News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

'57 Ranchero -- just needs finishing

Started by gasman826, 2015-01-05 12:18

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I'm tryin so hard not to say anything.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57redwhitered

To each his own, but...................
1957 Skyliner

JPotter57

It looks like its already finished off, wow.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Zapato

AH! The most misunderstood section of our hobby ,the radical kustoms. Built to gather points on an indoor show judging list.  I have to admit the 57? mercury rear quarters look right not crazy about the nose though. Wish he had listed part sources such as hood and fender mods.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

Zap...I agree...the Merc upper quarters I think look great, and could have been a really sharp mod.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

http://classiccars.com/listings/view/617748/1962-chrysler-imperial-for-sale-in-kissimmee-florida-34744

Headlights? Design inspiration? I see a lot of 63 T-bird? I wish I had the tools and skills to do something like that, I would just not do it...
Lynn

Zapato

Quote from: lalessi1 on 2015-01-05 16:56
I wish I had the  skills to do something like that, I would just not do it...

Me too...........

Zapato

57 imposter

I believe there are at least two truism's in life

1   Not every idea is a good one.

2   Just because you can do it, does not necessarily mean that you should

hotroddonnie

:gross: LOL! I'm joking. Someone did a lot of work on that,  its just not for me.

lalessi1

Quote from: 57 imposter on 2015-01-05 17:07
I believe there are at least two truism's in life

1   Not every idea is a good one.

2   Just because you can do it, does not necessarily mean that you should

Truer words were never spoken.
Lynn

jvo

I looked over it all very carefully trying to find something I like.  I agree that the Merc quarters look good, but the tailgate set in that far just botches the rear end.  Unless he was planning on putting a continental kit there, but rear bumper, what was he thinking???  And the front end would unbolt easily enough, just have to grind 20 lbs of bondo off the top of each door, and put a different clip on it.  If ya got it cheap enough, it might be saveable, but geez. 
Makes my rusty Ranchero look like a cream puff.  I bet there's a pallet of bondo on that baby. 
If I could roll back the years, back when I was young and limber, loose as ashes in the wind, had no irons in the fire.... wish I'd done things different, but wishin' don't make it so. ( Ian Tyson)

Zapato

Wow! am amazed starting to think this is a ''restorers only'' crowd. Personally would rather see this any day than another Ranchero rotting away beyond use in some muddy field full of bullet holes and every panel kicked in by some hooligan. Sure its not my cup of tea but just like any of my cars they only have to please one person and that's me. Who knows why he stopped working on it or if it ever was finished but the work , from the pictures, looks good.

And while this might sound sacreligious here its just a car not the Mona Lisa.

Go back and read HRD's post he nailed it.

Zapato

djfordmanjack

I love 57 Fords and I hate badly butchered originals but that one is only half bad. As a matter of fact I think it looks cool in some ways ! I really think this could be an old Custom from the 60s. all the work done is very traditional but wild Kustomwork. the headlights could be Imperial. dig the steering wheel. the corners of the front Mustang bumper are just neat. there is a lot of potential in this car. with a proper paint job this could become a fancy wild 60s thing. it is beyond restoration anyways.
At that starting price, there's some room left to build it into a nice afFORDable Custom. I am itching... :003: