News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

'57 Ranchero -- just needs finishing

Started by gasman826, 2015-01-05 12:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

jvo

Hey, there's at least three guys that like it.  Its put to $2750.00 now, we'll see in a couple days how badly they fight over it.
If I could roll back the years, back when I was young and limber, loose as ashes in the wind, had no irons in the fire.... wish I'd done things different, but wishin' don't make it so. ( Ian Tyson)

rmk57

The front reminds me of 60 Galaxie. To bad they never made a 60 Ranchero based on the Galaxie, would have looked cool with those sideways fins.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Zapato

dj, am a fan of that steering wheel myself not sure what it is similar to 57 merc, which would be my first choice to swap into my 57.

someone should bring some of those ebay pictures over here or this thread will be meaningless in a couple days.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

jvo

I'm not sure these will be big enough, but here goes anyway.  I don't know how to make them bigger.
If I could roll back the years, back when I was young and limber, loose as ashes in the wind, had no irons in the fire.... wish I'd done things different, but wishin' don't make it so. ( Ian Tyson)

jvo

And here are the other three pics.

djfordmanjack

I think this will have a low end price. Great project for somebody wanting to build different. I would NEVER do this to a good original car personally from the start, but now that it's butchered anyways, why not see the potential cool in it.
is that steering wheel an original anniversary '53 Crestline ? or something like 55/56 Merc or 54 Lincoln?  not a 57 Merc. not dished and different spoke design. I love all the X shaped steering wheels. 57-58 turnpike cruiser (I have one in the Del Rio), 62-63 Comet S22 aso.

Limey57

I saw that the other day, the first thing I saw was the rear end and I honestly expected it to be a "barn find" late 50's/early 60's show car.  The back end (to me) works and could have come from the workshop of one of the known 50's customisers (again, in my opinion).  The front end spoils it though I.M.O, it just doesn't work with the rear.  For some reason when I see the front I think 70's Mustang.

I love customs (or kustoms!) especially the works of Barris.  This one could turn out nice, but the front needs a re-think.  The "Shelby" style paint job also needs to go.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

jvo

Well, it sold for $4050.00.  I can't imagine anyone putting up that kind of money sight unseen, a buyer would have had to go look at it, so I'm guessing it must have had some quality work done to it.  Hope someone can make a good driver out of it anyway. 

hiball3985

We shouldn't be too harsh on the new buyer, he may show up here as a new member  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hotroddonnie

We will have to keep an eye out for her in the future. She's like the girl in High School no one wanted to date, and now you'd leave your wife for her!!!! HRD

hiball3985

Be careful,  she may already be a member who just lurks in the shadows :burnout:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang