News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

An observation

Started by Zapato, 2012-04-03 18:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

While back there was conversations concerning correct placement of antennas and mirrors on 57 Fords. Then a couple days ago I wandered into a website that has hundreds of factory brochures. Of course had to check out the 57 Ford sales brochure. There was not a single side mirror depicted on any of the drawings and only antenna shown was the center mounted trunk one. Simple fact to me cars look better without them so the artists leave them off. But since we need them they are provided by the manufacturer.

Zap- :unitedstates:

:deadhorse:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

lowrider

I just had the top of my r frt. fender repaired because someone had put an antenna from a 65 Ford on it. Was going to put the right one on but after looking at it I think it looks better without one. I dont listen to the radio anyway, the engine is too loud.

gasman826

Some of the internal antennas are doing a fair job and don't show.

glen b henderson

I worked at Ford dealerships in the 60/70's and none of the cars were delivered with the ant's installed. It was part of dealer prep to install hubcaps and ant's and even though they came with a template for drilling the holes, sometimes we would find a place on the other side that had better access and speed up the process. Also many cars were ordered radio delete by the dealer, they then sold the customer a radio through the parts department. More money for the dealer and mechanics.
Freedom is not Free

mike b

The car I just bought (70A) has a power antenna.I guess the previous owner thought the same as well in that use it and then hide it when not in use.

JeauxBleaux

Rear deck antenna for sale
Lastrap@centurytel.net