News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

312 Fordomatic

Started by Yblock, 2012-07-03 08:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Yblock

Looking for info on throttle linkage.I have purchased a '57 Country Sedan with a lot of issues. What I need to know is what size spring that hooks to a bracket on the bellhousing, that I think goes to a plate with a long gated hole on the throttle linkage.

Thanks,Yblock

glen b henderson

There are some good pic's of the 57 linkage over on the y blocks forever site that will help you, but they have been having problems with the site and for the last couple of days, I haven't been able to get on at all. I have a 57 manual that has the pictures, but I don't have anyway to scan them. Maybe the site will be backup in the near future, I understand that Jim has purchased some new software.
Freedom is not Free

Yblock

In my manual it show two pics, one of a two barrel intake and one of a four barrel. The two barrel have a spring that goes from the plate with the long gated hole down to a small bracket on the bell housing. The four barrel has none, I"m not sure why. Someone Installed a two barrel on my 312 and need to know what size spring to use, the length and how heavy of a spring.

Thanks for the reply,Yblock

Ol Ford Guy

Check CASCO, they have some good diagrams on line, and in their catalog.
Paul J.
57 E Code