News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

just got my new wheels

Started by burns, 2012-08-20 13:24

Previous topic - Next topic

burns

here is a camera phone picture of my 57 rideau 500 with the new rocket racing wheels on it. hope you like  :canada:

JimNolan

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

burns

one more

burns

Thanks Jim, i think they made it look better!! last one. sorry for the poor quality but you get the idea. I have spent some time cleaning up the car, new carpet, window felts, door seals, coated headers, etc. I am starting to be happy with it's apperance!

JimNolan

Quote from: burns on 2012-08-20 13:31
I am starting to be happy with it's apperance!
Now when that time comes, please post it for all of us to see. I think being totally happy with a car is a figment of the imagination. I'm still working on mine to get there. I've got two rust bubbles coming out on my 57. One on the right door and one on the left door. Each of those rust bubbles are EXACTLY in the same place on each door. I saw those doors when they were bare metal. They were cherry. The only thing we can figure out is that my painter clamped them with something that wasn't clean when he was finishing them. I could see a rust bubble coming out in the seams that go down each side of the car or the seams on the bottom and top of the front fenders. But a piece of metal that was cherry. Someone hates me up there. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

burns

Ya, I get what you are saying but since I pulled this out of it's 28 year hibernation I think as a gasser it is what it is. I have a pair of econoline seats being recovered for it and other than that it needs a couple days on the hoist to clean and detail the underside and it is as good as it will ever get !!

robhaerr

Nice indeed!

Throw a video of that bad boy on YouTube and give us a tour...and a burnout!

Love to see what's lurking under the hood.

Rob

glen b henderson

I love it Burns!! how about a few shots of the engine bay and front axle arangement?
Freedom is not Free

burns

Next time I have it out of the shop I will take a few shots. It is powered by a 428 cobra jet with a c6 , 3500 stall, and 4.30 locker. It had a 5500 converter and 4.88 diff when I got it but it wasn't very street able! It has an econoline straight axle moved 6" ahead . Quite a handfull to drive !!

Frankenstein57

lowrider

Wicked looking car!!!. Is that the 57 Canadian Ford trim for that car? Love it. I had a 56 Meteor CV w/the Canadian trim & I loved the 3 tone paint scheme & chrome mouldings. Thats the car I wish I would have kept the most.

sprink88

~Chris

RICH MUISE

I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

burns

Thanks for the positive comments! The Canadian trim is distinctly different than what a ford Fairlane 500 would have. I had a lot of people approach me when I had it at Good Guys in Columbus Ohio stating that they had never seen that trim on any other ford. One gentlemen said he would have lost a bet had he not seen the car in person!  The only thing that is incorrect it the Fairlane grille, I need to get the Meteor grille in it! :canada:

JPotter57

The new wheels look great Burns..which causes me to have to ask:  how much for the old wheels?  I would love those old slots on my Custom... :005:
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.