News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Hurricane Isaac

Started by shopratwoody, 2012-08-28 18:43

Previous topic - Next topic

shopratwoody

James,
Hope your'e not in the way of that Hurricane.
I hate blocksanding!

JPotter57

Im actually on vacation, 500 miles away, wondering if the looters will leave anything sfter Isaac is finished....se la' vie
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Ford Blue blood

You know, those are some of the lowest scum on earth.  I believe with all my heart they should be shot on the spot!  We had that problem here with the tornadoes, they hit the folks who had just had their world turned upside down and took the few things left over worth anything, material or personal, for their own personal gain.  The laws that were in effect at that time only let the cops proscute for criminal treaspassing, what a joke.  The legislature passed stiffer laws and they get some "real time" (not enough IMHO) depending upon the value of what they are stealing. 

James, praying that your "stuff" will be safe and sound when you return home.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

57AGIN

James:

Glad to hear that you are out of the danger zone as Isaac blasts its way through the South.  We sure can't do anything about the forces of nature other than just get out of the way if we have time to do so.  Here in California, usually the only thing we have to worry about is fires and earthquakes.  Fires can take our property, but usually we can get out of danger given enough warning.  Earthquakes, well that's another story.  No matter where we live in our wonderful country there's always Mother Nature and Acts of God to deal with.  Be well and be safe.

Bob
57 AGIN

JPotter57

That's true bob, anywhere you live there is some kind of hazard, just pick the one you are most willing to live with.  I have good neighbors, Bill, I think one would take a shot at anyone he saw pilfering my place, lol..I'd do the same for him if he were away. 
Old, loud, and fast.

geraldchainsaw

my  wife keeps telling me how good we have it here in michigan,  all we have to worry about it RIOTS

gasman826

....tornados, drought, blizzards, ice storms, politicians...can deal with all of them but looters, that's what they train snipers for and buckshot.

Ford Blue blood

James any word on how your place faired during the storm?  Looks like your area took a beating from flooding, hope and pray you are on high ground!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

JPotter57

I spoke to a buddy of mine this morning, all is fine apparently.  Had some debris in my lower driveway where it flooded.  My house and garage are on a hill so they fared well.  Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers..
Old, loud, and fast.

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero