News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Alaska car show?

Started by Tom S, 2012-08-31 09:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom S

Thought you guys might like to see a few pix from the biggest car show in Alaska.  Seems like it sometimes but It's not always ice, snow dark & cold  here. 
Always the first Sunday in August, this is the 34th Annual Jay Ofsthun Memorial Show & Shine.  Stuff comes out of the woodwork that you never see elsewhere. All types of cars & some bikes too.  I'ts all free, for spectators & participants alike.
On a good year when the weather is good about 350 to 375 cars show up.
From the very first event & about the next 25 years I always had my 406 powered '31/'32 Roadster down here.  I got back into motorcycles & for the last several years have just been riding down, pulling up on the grass with the other participants, get the dash plaque, & enjoy the show & talking to a lot of old friends.   That hound me about getting this roadster out.

Never seen this on the street here.

I don't think these '57 & '59 Retractables could have been restored any closer to stock condition.

This '51 Ford coupe is on a different chassis. I think he said some Pontiac but the dash has a 'Grand Marquis' logo on the far lower right. Seen this car up close before, ran the guy down & pulled him over to check it out several years ago. Neat ride.

The interior looks comfy but a bit too modern for my taste.

Bikes anyone? 

This nice 'AJS' is faking it.     It's really a Yamaha TT500