News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

saw this at a couple car shows...now for sale...

Started by robhaerr, 2013-06-30 22:35

Previous topic - Next topic

robhaerr

'58 Ford Courier sedan delivery...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ9Ti5nsaII

Pretty nice looking...doesn't say how much.

Rob

hiball3985

After watching the video there was another one that showed a salmon colored one in Oceanside from 2008, it looks to be the same car....
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

KidKourier

I'll agree with hiball that it's the same one.The owner had it forsale for a couple of years as the salmoned "Quicksilver",perhaps a repaint to help move it along?Also both are listed as the same city San Marcos,Ca.I'd like to see the data plate to see if it's a courier or a nicely converted station wagon(tailgate vs. liftgate--rear seat)and I've never seen a '58 Courier with that trim application,although the more I stare at it the more I like it! KID :006: :006:

hiball3985

I don't know if it's the same owner, but it is the same car, repainted and new wheels. I've never seen a 58 either, possibly a 57 with a 58 front end?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

KidKourier

It's a '58, you can see the rain grooves in the top 2/3s of the roof which is only on that year. Sure would like to ask the design engineers why that was done instead of leaving it smooth like the '57??? KID

Tom S

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2013-07-01 08:13
After watching the video there was another one that showed a salmon colored one in Oceanside from 2008, it looks to be the same car....
Yeah, it's right there in one of the vids that show up when that one ends.  I think it looks a lot better now even if it is shudder ...wh..wha...white.
The narrator is an idiot. "...never saw round tail lights on a Ford..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riwpXjQrF28

RICH MUISE

several interesting things I noticed...the 2nd video has the owner saying he "pretty much built it himself"...but "it was painted that way when he bought it"??
I like it much better in white..just too much going on with the fake wood paint. That had to be an awefully expensive paint job to paint over though.
I guess I never put 2 and 2 together before this, but one of the videos mentioned the fact that Rancheros and couriers had the '57 tailights and tailgates, but the wagons had the '58 tailights and tailgates. I had seen the '58 wagons, but never thought of the Rancheros at the time. Wonder why Ford did them differently?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Frankenstein57

When I was at Randy Conners he had a 58 courier like that, 57 rear lights. Anytime I go to a cruise night or car show, there is always a few debates going on as to what year my car is. I would guess Ford did it for production reasons, cost savings. These were aimed at the utility vehicle market.  Mark

Ecode70D

[/quote][quote author=RICH MUISE link
several interesting things I noticed.  I guess I never put 2 and 2 together before this, but one of the videos mentioned the fact that Rancheros and couriers had the '57 tailights and tailgates, but the wagons had the '58 tailights and tailgates. I had seen the '58 wagons, but never thought of the Rancheros at the time. Wonder why Ford did them differently? [/quote]

You know Rich... I never gave that much thought until I bought my 58 Ranch.  I was thinking at first that something was wrong with it, but still bought it,  (Took it in trade)  because I was certain that the 58 wagons had 58 tail lights.  I suppose we will never know the real answer.