News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Paint Color For My Wagon

Started by petew, 2013-08-20 11:01

Previous topic - Next topic

rmk57

I personally like the sunset coral, it just doesn't get anymore retro than that. And like Jeff mentioned with a darker colour it really looks stunning.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Ford Blue blood

Sunset Coral is very "retro", while not on my list of favorites it is what I am going to go back with on the Edsel.  BASF was able to provide the exact color match in eurathane for both the Sunset Color and the Jonquil Yellow.  The many Coral and Salmons out there are not the same shade and have different formulas.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Ecode70D

Ford Blue Blood
    That's one beautiful Edsel 2dr hardtop.  You are doing a nice job on it.
Jay

rmk57

That is nice . Does the tele-touch still work? When I bought my Villager it had a hole cut in the floor like so many that just gave up on it. I did get the shift motor rebuilt but it was still temperamental in hot weather. Ah the joys of owning an Edsel.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Ford Blue blood

Thanks guys, yes, it is a running and driving car.  Solid as a rock, replaced the cowl drain tubes and repaired nearly every circuit under the dash and in the engine bay.  The only part of the electricals that worked was the starter circuit, the ignition and the Teletouch.  Every fuse was blown and two feed wires were burned up.  The heat/vent servo motor burned up, got that working as it should.  Needs everything, the seats were done by the previous owner, getting the remainder of the interior finished up right now. Don't think I will be able to finish the paint work before winter, just too much going on.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

SkylinerRon

My 57 Retrac is Coral and white. Great 50's color combo, everybody loves it.
Be aware every different year uses a different coral. The 57 color is not pink at all and not even close to the 55 color.
Most all paint co's can mix the exact color.
Goodluck,

Ron.