News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Scale 57's revisited...

Started by JPotter57, 2014-01-05 00:05

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

Remember a while back when I said I was working on a couple of ambitious 57 Fairlane model projects?  Well, I haven't stopped, just been busy with other things.  Now, I am getting time to get some pics taken, put up what I have gotten done.  Check out the Parham and Payne 57 4 door...  Still has a lot to go, including the supercharged 312 that i am currently casting parts in resin for...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

JPotter57

and another, John Feistritzers Hoosier Hurricane.  I don't have as much done on it as the P&P car, but it looks cool on 4 wheels.  The Rebop decals I made for the quarters are a little big, so I will be removing them and making a new set.  All in all, it looks like the Hurricane to me....What do you think?
Old, loud, and fast.

JPotter57

I am also working on a hard one , the Gunfighter car of Gary Coe.  Never done an altered wheelbase car before, but I think I got this now..  Already have a cool injected 289 and 4 speed for it.  Working on trim conversion to Custom 300 as we speak.  Next in line is My own yellow Stroker car, which is about 1/2 finished, as well as Joe Gerardi's the Brothers Two car.  I have 10 of these Customs sitting on my workbench waiting on a project, as well as three more Fairlanes.  I have one I just opened which will replicate my dad's Fairlane, complete with Cobra 4 cammer and auto overdrive, black paint, torque thrusts, and all.  Currently planning to pick up enough to do all of my favorite Customs and Custom 300s, then start on Rancheros and station wagons.  Those will be either old Revell kits or resin kits, unless Revell releases wagon kits.  Gotta have Bob Bayles two door wagon, just gotta have it..I think I've gone nuts with this, lol...
Old, loud, and fast.

hotroddonnie

Nice work on those. I have a couple of 57s to build still in boxes never opened, at some point in my life  I will. There are others out there that are not 57 Fords I know I will be getting once I get hooked, just need that first sniff of glue to get the ball rolling!

Frankenstein57

Looks good James, I have a revel ranchero kit , it has a chopped top. How difficult would it be to un-chop it?  Mark

JPotter57

Probably hard.  You'd have to add plastic to both a and b posts, then make glass for it.  Every now and then the original unchopped revell ranchero kit comes up on ebay.  I plan to get one like you have and a resin station wagon and use the roof to make a 2 door wagon.  Just have to tie up some of my other projects first.
Old, loud, and fast.

Limey57

Could you use the windshield & front roof section from the Fairlane kit that is quite often on EBay to unchop the Ranchero?
Gary

1957 Ranchero

JPotter57

Maybe but tbe fairlane roof and windshield is not as tall as ranchero so it would still look somewhat chopped. ..
Old, loud, and fast.

glen b henderson

Those are neat James, didn't know that you were into models! I am sure John will get a charge out of this, and I am sure that Dunk is looking down waiting to see you do his old 57. I have a fairlane kit and the new custom kit, if I ever get motivated to do them.
Freedom is not Free

JPotter57

Already got Dunc's old Custom planned...something fun to work on when I can't get in the garage.. a couple of my kids like messing around with them too...
Old, loud, and fast.

Jeff Norwell

Pretty awesome James.I wish I had time to mess with the kits I have.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

suede57ford

Fantastic Job on the models.  They really do represent the cars you were replicating.  I like the fact that those two are blower cars as well.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429